P is for Party

P is for Party
---(Matthew's P.O.V)-----

This party was going downhill fast.

I watched as my brother drank another row of shots, Russia was egging him on. I sighed, Gilbert would've loved this, that's if.. If he wasn't sick.

My thoughts drifted elsewhere as I thought about how I probably shouldn't have left him alone. I understood this was one of America's parties, and it was considered sacrilege if you didn't show up to one of his parties.

Honestly I didn't want to stay.

I got up and after a few failed attempts by Papa to try and make me stay, I left. I wasn't going to stick around, I didn't want to watch everyone else get drunk while I was worrying about the one I love.

No I wasn't.

I had left the house and walked all the way back home. Ignoring the various opportunities to go back to my brother's party. No, I wanted to go home. Gilbert was waiting for me.

I made sure not to wake him as I stepped into the house, the cool air from outside lingered inside, indicating to me he had left the window open. Walking into the living room I saw him asleep on the couch all wrapped up in his blankets. I smiled then cleaned everything up, taking him upstairs and once again tucking him in.

I'm glad I came home from the party