Y is for Young Death

---(Gilbert's P.O.V)-----

I could feel myself fading away, I knew my time had come.

I couldn't tell him though. I really couldn't. I knew it would be better for me to pass away by myself. It was stupid to drag him down with me.

But I couldn't dare leave his side.

This angered me more than it should have, why couldn't I leave his side?! Why couldn't I leave him and spare him the pain of having to watch me die. I remembered watching Germania die, it was horrible.

I couldn't dare put Mattie through all of that.

So why couldn't I leave him? Was I afraid!? Was I a coward? I instantly regretted all that had been done with Mattie up until this point. I regretted it because I realised how much backlash was going to come from this. I could feel my heart stop a couple of days ago, however I myself didn't die. I guess you could say this is the inner country in me trying to break free.

But now, I could feel myself growing weak..

I wonder if Mattie can feel it too? Is that why he won't sleep? He just stared at me with those purple eyes of his, studying my facial expressions. I smiled weakly at him, and he began to cry. I tried to stop him from crying but his words broke through my skin.

"How couldn't you tell me you were dying?!" He shouted at me, he sounded more worried for me than anything. I smiled weakly once more and hugged him tight. He hugged me back making sure I was still okay.

"Mattie I love you." I whispered to him, trying to make sure my last words count.

"Don't you dare leave me." Mattie tried to keep me awake. I couldn't help it as I shut my eyes slowly, my grip on him loosening.

The last thing I ever remember, were his amazingly beautiful eyes.