X is for Xerosis

X is for Xerosis
---(Matthew's P.O.V)-----

Gil had abnormally dry skin.

I had noticed this for a while now, but didn't think nothing of it, that's was until I noticed he was in pain from it.

I had specially prepared a type of moisturizer for him, and was now currently rubbing it on his skin.

Xerosis is something that most elderly people are diagnosed with, it's the drying of the skin, making it seemed cracked and flakey in appearance.

I wondered for how long had Gil had this happening to him?

I also wondered why he wouldn't tell me?

I shrugged it off and continued to apply the special moisturizer on his skin, it seemed as if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but was his skin getting paler?

I once again hoped that it was just my eyes playing incredibly cruel tricks on me. We had been together for at least a year and a half now, so he couldn't be dying just yet.

"Gil.." I began, preparing the sentence in my head. "A-Are you.. Dying?" I questioned him. I was reassured by his laugh which seemed to be the same as always.

"I'm not dying Mattie." He reassured, taking my hand and pulling me into a close embrace.

One thing still bothered me though...

Why couldn't I hear his heartbeat?