V is for Vanity

V is for Vanity
---(Matthew's P.O.V)-----

He would often stare at himself through the mirror, why was he so vain at points?

Sometimes I would catch Gilbert staring at himself through the mirror and just watch what he does. He often would flex, maybe take a couple of selfies, the usual. However, sometimes I would find himself questioning himself through the mirror. He would often question if he was skinny, if he was loosing muscle, that sort of thing.

Today I heard something different.

"If I grew fat, would Mattie still love me?" He questioned, I stopped what I was doing and listened in closer, was he truly that worried about his appearance? I decided to act, making sure that he was fine.

"Of course I would still love you." I interrupted, causing him to jump and try to cover himself up. I smiled softly at his actions. "Just because your a little bit fat, or maybe overweight doesn't mean I won't stop loving you." I reassured him, pulling him into a tight embrace. I truly loved this man. Nothing could change that.

"I'm glad Mattie, the same goes for me, no matter whatever happens to you." Gilbert reassured me, he hugged me back.

I don't want him to be so vain, I love him dearly, nothing could change that.