Started Out As Neighbors Ch. 2

*May 22, 1999*

Graduation day was here at least, well for some of us at least.  And out of all of my friends (and the entire senior class) I was lucky enough to be valedictorian.  It felt weird because here I was this punk rock chick who is the youngest person in the class and is now valedictorian.  And yes I got beef from the guys about being smart.

The ceremony seemed to go on and on for what felt like ages.  But about after 2 hours of speeches and handing out the diplomas, Brain, Zack, Jimmy, Matt, and myself finally graduated from high school.  We all piled into our cars and headed off to Matt's house for our special graduation party.  

Well it wasn't really a party, mainly everyone (excluding me, Matt and Val - Matt's girlfriend) smoking, and let's not forget the drinking.  It was funny cause I was still just 16 and everyone was a year older.  I had to make sure I wasn't drinking too much otherwise I would probably pass out and never wake up.  See when I was 11 I got diagnosed with diabetes and needless to say that it scared the crap out of family and of course Zack.  The guys have always been strict on me when it came to my diabetes, yes even when stoned or drunk they still care.

Anyway, we "partied" the night away and everyone ended sleeping over at Matt's seeing as none of us could even walk straight lines.  Luckily me and Zack only lived a few houses down so we did our usual walk home just like old times.  

"You know what Cami?" Zacky slurred as he continued to slump on my shoulders as we walked home.

"No I don't Zacky.  Why don't you tell me?"  Yes I was still coherent, I didn't drink THAT much tonight.

"You have really pretty eyes.  It's like they are a rainbow.  A preeetttyy preeetttty rainbow." He started giggling.

"Thanks Zack.  And you do too, although your's looks like emeralds."  Why was my face getting warm? Frick why was I blushing at a time like this?!

Zack stopped walking and looked me in the eyes.  It was like he was looking into my very being.  'Quick Camille turn away' I thought to myself even though I couldn't do a damn thing about it!

The next thing I know Zacky turns away and takes my hand leading me to my house.  It was the weirdest thing that I have ever seen him do.  And trust me I've been knowing him since I was seven.  

We made it to our houses, said our goodbyes, hugged, then went our separate ways.

As soon as I opened the doors there stood my two older brothers.  Ugh why couldn't my parents of had a daughter before me?  But hey they aren't always that bad.  Anyways, there stood Ben and Jeremy with arms crossed giving me the stink eye.

"And where have you been all this time Camille?" Ben, he the older one of all us three but the least protective because he knows I'll never do anything bad.  

"Yeah Camille where have you been, and did mom and dad know where you were?"  Jeremy.  Well Jeremy is the super athlete out of all of us and he's the one who got me hooked into playing sports as a kid.  Not to mention he's the over protective one out of them.  See Ben is 22 and Jeremy is 20.