Started Out As Neighbors Ch. 9

**December 11, 2005**

It's Zack's birthday today!  I couldn't hold in my escapement for him this morning.  It was 7:30 AM, but hey I couldn't sleep.  I jumped out of bed and bounced over to his house.  Yes we're in our twenties and still living at home, but hey we're getting there with finding our own places.

I knocked on the door and his mom answered after a few knocks.  She knew I wanted to surprise Zack so she let me in all quietly.  I walked over to his room and slipped in like a ghost.  He was sprawled all over his bed wearing a pair of flannel pants, since it was December.  I had to contain my laughter that wanted to get out from what I was about to do.  

"WAKEY WAKEY!!" I yelled while jumping on his bed.

"What the hell?! Camille why the fuck are you jumping on my bed at… fucking 7:30 in the morning?!"  Well someone wasn't a morning person today.

"Cause it's a certain someone's birthday today! Happy Birthday Zachary Baker!" I said plopping down on his bed next to him.  

"*chuckles* Well thanks, but was this really necessary?" He said reaching for his glasses.

"Yes. Yes it was."  I laid back on his bed relishing the comfiness of it.  

"*yawns* Well you look like you want to go back to sleep, and so do I.  So can we wait on the birthday festivities till about, uhm, noonish?" 

I nodded my head, closed my eyes, and fell asleep in Zack's arms.  

I woke up about two hours later with Zack's arms around my waist.  I turned over and smirked when I saw that he fell asleep with his glasses on.  I slipped them off of him and gave him a peck on the forehead.  He looked so peaceful when he slept.  

He fluttered his eyes open a few minutes later.  I looked away embarrassed that he caught me looking at him while he was sleeping.

"Good morning again." He said giving me a quick peck on the lips.  God his kisses were so wonderful.  I started blushing feeling the butterflies in my stomach act up like they always do when we kiss.

"Morning birthday boy."  I teased him.

"*chuckles* Thanks.  I can't believe that I'm 24.  How was your little nap?" 

"Very good." I started blushing.  Why the hell was I blushing.  I never blush around Zack.  Man things change in a matter of months, well I guess it really changed over the fast couple of years.

"Somebody's blushing. But I'm glad you slept good."  He gave me another peck before I started getting up.

"Well I probably have really bad morning breath and look terrible, so I think I'm gonna head home real quick and take a shower and make myself look decent before we do your birthday bash."

"You look fine in whatever.  But yeah your breath is a little funky *chuckles*.  I'll be here when you're done."  I gave him a hug and slipped out his window.  Thank god his room was on the bottom floor of the house.