Started Out As Neighbors Ch. 4

*A couple of days later*

Everything was set.  We were leaving to play for Van's Warped Tour.  My parents weren't exactly happy with the way I told them that I was leaving to help Val with selling merch and virtually help out in any way and that I wouldn't be home for a few weeks.  But they wished me a safe trip and the guys good luck.  

We loaded up the trailer with duffel bags, cases, and boxes, said our goodbyes and headed off in our van.  Yeah I said van.  10 people in a small ass van was not the best thing in the world, but hey that's all we had and it would have to work.  

"Alright who f-ing farted?!" Jimmy screamed from the passenger seat.  Oh man whoever did it was surely gonna get their ass beat when we stopped to pee or something.  

"My bad guys, I shouldn't of had that burrito at that Exxon station."  Johnny started smirking.  Ha with Johnny being the official youngest and newest member he was gonna shit from the guys when we stop.

The next thing I see in the rear view mirror was everyone dog piling Johnny and beating the crap out of him.  When they were done with their little torment session, I saw that all the damage was was a busted lip.  I turned up the radio drowning out the bickering that was still going on.  Granted we were a lot of people in such a small enclosure, but man these guys were totally unpredictable.

We pulled over at a truck stop to fill up and take showers a few hours later.  We still had a four hour drive to the next show which meant it was someone else's turn to drive the van.  It really tires you out after a while.  

I grabbed my bag and ran for the showers.  Taking a shower had never felt so good in my life, even if it was at a truck stop.  I finished up, grabbed me something to eat when I realized that I hadn't checked my sugar levels in almost a week! 

So I ran back to the van, scoured around for my purse and found what I was looking for…my meter.  I pricked my finger and five seconds seemed to drag on.  Finally it showed that my sugar levels were rising to over 250!  Oh man oh man.  I looked around for a shot in my bag and was relieved when I found the stupid thing.  But the odd thing was, I couldn't give myself a shot.  I was too shaken up about the numbers and didn't have a steady hand to do it right.

"Zacky! Can you give me a hand real quick?!"  Zacky rushed over and gave me a concerned look when he saw the needle in my hand and the panicked look on my face.

"Oh my god Cami! How bad were the numbers?"  I couldn't find words just started crying.  I felt the slight sting of the needle and a sense of relief wash over me.

"It..It was almost over 250.  I hadn't checked it in almost a week! How can I be so careless Zacky?!  I always remember!"  I felt myself crying into his chest as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Zacky whatcha doing…Oh man what happened with Camille? Is everything ok?"  I started chuckling when I heard Jimmy's concern about me.  He always looked out for me the most, even when it came to dating.

***flashback***

It was time for the Sadie Hawkins dance at school.  I had asked this really cute guy out, Josh Oakley, and he said yes!  We started talking almost every night after that.