Started Out As Neighbors Ch. 3

*July 24, 2001*

Today was the big day.  Avenged Sevenfold's first album "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet" is being released.  Everyone here at Matt's house was nervous.  I could only imagine what was going through everyone's mind.  

"Guys, instead of waiting and panicking about the record, why don't we go out for some good ole go cart racing? My treat!"  Well that seemed to perk everyone up.  We all piled into cars and headed over to the Kart Ranch and raced go carts, played about 4 rounds of mini golf (which we all sucked at equally) and headed to the arcade for pizza and video games.

It was weird how the early hours of the day we were stressing about if the record would sell to relaxing and enjoying the moment of being friends over being a band.  

"Alright well it seems like the place is about to close." Brian told us.  And then it hit us that we were the only ones still there and the crew was starting to clean up tables and lock the doors.

"Cami that was the best way to get our minds off that f-ing album.  Thanks!" Jimmy told me before pulling me into a giant bear hug.  Then everyone decided to join in and I was stuck in the middle of an Avenged Sevenfold sandwich.

"Guys.. can't.. breathe!!"  They immediately let go of their hold on me and air rushed back into my lungs.  I love these guys and I have no idea what I would do without them.

Since it was getting dark we decided to go back to my house and watch movies until we all pass out.

"So we've got a hell of a lot of movies to choose from. Someone pick one while I run upstairs to change real quick."  I ran up to my room, changed out of my greasy, grimy clothes and headed back downstairs only to see that they had chosen Weird Science as the first movie of the night.

"Hmm seems like it's 80s night tonight.  And Brian move your fat ass out the way."  I joked with them and plopped myself down in between Zack and Brian, getting death glares from Brian since I called him fat I guess.

"Thanks Camille, now I'm gonna go throw up and slit my wrists since you called me fat."  I just stared at him with my mouth hanging wide open.  I feel so guilty now.  I never want any of the guys to hurt themselves in any way.  Great what have I done.

"Geez Cami I'm kidding! Please don't feel upset.  Look at me I won't do anything I promise."  I turned to look at Brian my formed tears drying up in my eyes.

I punched him in the arm, "Brian Haner don't you ever pull that shit with me again!"

He rubbed his arm laughing all the while.  "Yeah yeah I know."

We watched movies all night until my parents came out their room forcing everyone to go home.  Total buzz kill.  I walked everyone to the door and Zack to his fence.  

"Thanks for today Cam, I don't know what we would have done if we were stuck at Matt's all day.  Thanks again."

"No problem Zack.  I don't want you guys to even be more stressed then how y'all are now." I gave him a hug and wished him goodnight.  I slowly made my way inside when all of a sudden I hear my mom call my name.