Vent

A/N: I'm back after 3000 years yay!

After Avi closed the door behind him, Kevin turned to me, arms folded.

I looked down at the hardwood floor, scuffing my shoe on the smooth surface. "I don't want to talk about it." I grumbled, knowing Kevin would want me to.

Kevin sighed. "Come sit down." He said, gesturing to the couch.

I nodded and sank into the leather couch, releasing a heavy sigh.

Kevin sat down next to me. "Talking helps, Scott." He says. "You may not believe that right now, but it does. It helps release the feelings bottled up in your chest, get that weight off your back."

I buried my face in my hands and rubbed my eyes. "I know." I whispered.

"Then tell me. Vent."

I nodded. "When I first started dating Alex, I started to get worried about how Mitch may feel. I mean, we've been best friends for well over a decade. I was afraid he would get jealous. I asked him time and time again if he was okay with my relationship with Alex, and he always said he was happy for me.

"But, he told Alex how to break up with me. Maybe he did it because he actually was jealous. Maybe he did it just because he did like Alex and just wanted to help him.

"Of course, now that I think about it, it was most likely the former. He was there after Alex broke the news, he was hostile towards Alex.

"I feel like the worst friend in the world. I should've noticed how Mitch was feeling. I should've just worked up the courage to say the words. If I had, none of this could've happened.

"But I loved, Alex, Kevin. I loved him so much. He's funny, smart, creative, talented, kind and compassionate. He was one of the greatest people I ever met, and I fell hard.

"So now, I'm tied between two of my best friends, and I don't know which one to choose."

"You should never doubt Mitch, Scott." Kevin replied. "Yes, he made a mistake, but Mitch is only human. I'm sure he regrets what he did."

I sighed. "I don't know..."

"He's your best friend, Scott. You need to forgive him and give him another chance."