Chapter Four

"So you're really going to do this huh? You're going to go pick her up tomorrow and take her to this get together her folks are having?" Craig asked. Aaden stretched his long legs out on the coffee table and grabbed the remote.

"Yep." he said. Craig frowned and took a swig of his beer.

"You saw her right?" Aaden threw him a look that told Craig he was barking up the wrong tree…. Craig knew that for some reason Aaden had the hots for this Kathleen woman…. And Craig knew his friend enough to know that he would kick anyone's ass who said the wrong thing about her.

"Ok sorry… I guess she does have pretty eyes." Craig said trying to make peace. Aaden just shook his head and went back to flipping through channels.

"So did she tell you anything about her family?" Craig asked. Aaden shook his head.

"No." Then he looked over at Craig and could tell his friend was dying to say something. "What is it Craig? You never have known how to keep your mouth shut. Don't start now or your damn head might explode."

"Well I went out with Christy again this week…." Aaden snorted.

"Slept with her ya mean?" Craig shrugged.

"I took her to dinner first." he said. Aaden couldn't help but laugh. "Anyway I mentioned you and Kathleen to her and she told me some things…"

"What kind of things?" Aaden asked.

"Man let's just say you are really barking up the wrong tree with this woman… You need to just cut your losses and get out now." Aaden found a rerun of Cops and put the remote down.

"Craig, you've been my friend for a long time. Don't' make me kick you out of my house."

"Yea we have been friends a long time…So you know I only have your best interests in mind when I say this woman ain't right for you." Aaden sighed and laid his head back on the couch. He had learned a long time ago not to take relationship advice from Craig but he also knew that Craig wouldn't shut up until he'd said what he wanted to say.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Her family is loaded man… I'm not talking a little loaded.. I'm talking filthy rich." Craig said. Aaden looked over at him.

"And why exactly does that make Kathleen not right for me?"

"Come on Aaden. They're high class types… You know the golf every Sunday and wear your suit and tie to breakfast at the country club kind of people."

"I still don't see what that has to do with Kathleen and I." Aaden said. Craig rolled his eyes.

"They are high class and well you…. You aren't." Aaden narrowed his eyes. He looked down at his feet which were propped up on the coffee table. His sock had a hole in and he wiggled his big toe that was sticking out. He was wearing his dirty ripped up work pants and no shirt. His stained up ball cap was on his head.

"So are you actually trying to tell me I'm not good enough for her?" he asked. Craig held up his hands.

"No way! I am just saying that you are two completely different kinds of people from two completely different kinds of families and I don't think you'll fit in at her families party." Aaden stood up and grabbed his shirt off the floor.

"What are you doing?" Craig asked as he pulled it over his head.

"I gotta get to the store and buy some clothes.. I hardly think worn out jeans and work boots would be the best thing to wear now that I know I'm going somewhere so high class."

"Are you serious?" Craig asked but Aaden was already out the door. "That man has lost his damn mind." Craig said as he turned the TV up and downed the rest of his beer.