Chapter Ten

Kathleen sat her bags of cleaning supplies on the kitchen table. She had spent her last twenty dollars on them since Aaden didn't appear to have any in the house. She wanted to have the house cleaned before Aaden got home from work today.

Her body was still weak and tingling from his loving the night before. She found some country music playing on tv and turned it up as loud as it would go. She found a broom and mop in the hall closet and went to work.

888

Aaden was cussing all the way out to his truck. Stupid saw mill was going to hell in a hurry… Every damn machine in the place had decided to break down at once and now all the men were being sent home for the day while the repairs were made.

The only positive part of missing out on half a days pay was that he got to go home that much sooner to Kathleen. He pulled in the driveway and almost had a heart attack when he saw his moms car parked in front of the house. He hadn't even told his mom about Kathleen… He could only imagine what his outspoken mother was doing to his poor fiancee'

He jumped out of his truck and ran to the door. He could hear music blaring through the door. He could also hear people singing at the top of their lungs inside. He opened the door and couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Kathleen was dancing with the mop while his mom was up to her elbows in soapy water at the sink and both were singing along to music at the top of their lungs. They didn't notice him so he just stood and watched them for a few minutes.

Kathleen looked beautiful.. She was barefoot and wearing a pair of gray pajama pants and a black tank top. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail and her face was make-up free.. She took his breath away. She saw him from the corner of her eye and gave a little yelp of surprise. She ran to the living room and turned off the TV catching his mom by surprise mid part through a very loud verse of the song.

"What's going on ,Kathleen, dear?" she asked and then turned and saw Aaden standing at the door.

"You young man are in a heap of trouble." Tammy said walking toward her son with a soapy finger pointed at him. He held his hands up.

"For what?" he asked as Kathleen came back into the kitchen.

"For not telling me that you had found this woman!" Tammy replied pointing at Kathleen.

"You guys have been busy." Aaden said looking around his spotless kitchen and living room.

"I was driving by here on my way to town when I saw that blazer parked in front of your house. I knew you were at work so I was afraid maybe somebody was robbing ya.. I came in and found Kathleen here down on her hands and knees scrubbing floors. Why didn't you tell your pa and I about her?"

"Hands and knees?" Aaden asked looking over at Kathleen. She shrugged… She actually enjoyed cleaning even though she wasn't always very good at it.

"It was dirty." she replied. He laughed and walked to her wrapping his arms tight around her and kissing her hair. She smelled like pine cleaner and lemons. She buried her face in his chest. He smelled like saw dust and sweat and the dust tickled her nose and made her sneeze.

"You need a shower." she said. He laughed again. This was a nice change from what he was used to when he came home from work. Usually it was just him, the couch and a couple of cold beers. He'd never had a pair of warm loving arms to come home too and he liked it.

"So did you and my mom talk about me?"

"Of course we did." Tammy replied. "You got ya a good one there, Aaden. She told me all about how you rescued her a few months ago and how she called you out of the blue and asked you to spend the weekend with her. Your father will be proud to know you knocked that Toms teeth down his throat so I guess it's up to me to tell you that wasn't the Christian thing to do." Tammy scolded but Aaden could see the smile on her face.