Chapter Six

Kathleen noticed that the only other people at the table for breakfast were her mom and dad, aunt and uncle and Tom and Regina.

"When are all the other guests arriving?" she asked as she sat down and Aaden sat beside her.

"This afternoon before dinner." Charles replied taking a sip of coffee. Aaden looked around wondering where breakfast was when a maid walked in the room pushing a cart of food. She sat a plate full of bacon, eggs and grapefruit down in front of each person and then walked back out.

"Kathy, dear, that is hardly an appropriate outfit you are wearing." Dorothy said looking over her cup of tea.

"Breakfast looks good this morning." Kathleen said trying to turn to topic away from her clothes.

"It's hardly proper to wear a hat in the house." Charles added, glaring at Aaden. Aaden quickly took the hat off and set it in his lap.

"Sorry sir." he said with a nod. Charles went back to eating his meal. The meal was nearly silent and Aaden couldn't believe how much different this was then meals at his parents house. When all the family sat down to eat there it was all laughter and talking and fighting over the last biscuit…. He was very relieved when Charles finally pushed his plate away and stood up.

"Well everyone, the workers just finished last week putting the finishing touches on my golf course and I would like us all to go and play a round." he said. Aaden's eyes widened as he realized just how screwed he was…. Why couldn't rich people just go out and shoot at pop cans like normal people.. He knew how to do that.

"That sounds like fun." Tom said grinning smugly at the lost expression on Aaden's face. Tom would show this stupid redneck what happened when you stole his wife….

"Aaden are you familiar with the game?" Tom asked. Aaden nodded.

"Of course. What kind of man doesn't know how to play golf." he replied with a smile.

888

The golf course was only about a mile away from the house so everyone paired up on Golf carts and followed Charles down the road. Once they were alone behind her aunt and uncle Kathleen turned to Aaden

"Do you really know how to play golf?" she asked. He shook his head and shrugged.

"Does putt putt with my nephew count?" he asked. Kathleen smiled.

"Why don't we just go back to the house.. You don't have to play golf." she said. She didn't tell him that she was no good at the game either and knew that her family was probably already laughing at the thought of her trying to play again.

"Heck no. I'll figure it out." Aaden reassured her. He had seen the way Tom had looked at him that morning. That damn short ass midget wasn't going to scare him off.

Kathleen nodded and dropped the subject. They made small talk the rest of the way and Kathleen was surprised by how often he was able to make her laugh. She had never laughed much before but then again looking back on her life she had never had much reason too… Now with Aaden in her life everything seemed to look a whole lot better.

They pulled up in front of a tiny building and Charles led them inside.

"Everyone pick out a set of clubs and some balls and then we'll get started." he said. Aaden couldn't tell the difference between one set of clubs and another so he just grabbed a set and a bag of balls and carried them out to the golf cart. Kathleen sat her clubs in as well and a bag of bright pink balls.

"Bright enough?" Aaden asked her pointing at them. She glared over at her mother who was laughing.

"Yes well Kathleen's ball ends up everywhere except where it's supposed to be… We've learned it's best to let her use the brightest balls so that she can find them."