Your my mate?...oh boy.. Ch.3

Chapter 3

"So you found the box in your locker?" Miss. Glasmer asked me for the third time.

"Yes I came to school opened my locker and found a box, I put it in my bag-"

"Why did you put it in you bag again Kaylie?" Miss Glasmer questioned.

"She's a freak she probably put the box there herself! She made me open it she knew what was in it! She should be locked up! Her whole families crazy I mean look at her parents!" Kathy shouted If I wasn't so freaked out I would have laughed Kathy's trying to play the victim...Kathy!

"That's enough! Miss Ginned that's completely out of line! Kaylie you were saying?" Miss Glasmer sternly said.

"I..but the box in my bag and figured Id open it later probably at lunch...I don't know how to explain it to you any other way! I don't know who put it there or why all I know is that they did and Kathy picked it up and opened it." I replied tiredly. An hour later we told the police the same thing they took the rabbit foot and everything as evidence.

"So that's all that was in the box nothing else?" The officer asked Kathy and I.

"No" I replied.

"I don't know!" Kathy snapped. "Can we go now?" she asked. The police officer looked as annoyed as I felt he glared at Kathy and walked away. 

"Well I think you both should take it easy for the rest of the day you may go home or stay in study hall until schools over. And Kaylie next time you find something odd in you locket and you don't know please tell us!"

"Yes Miss Glasmer" I replied and walked out, as I headed toward the study hall I walked past Kathy telling her friends how scared she was and how horrible the experience was. I ignored her and made it to study hall and took a seat.

"You ok Kiddo you look like you saw a ghost..." I heard the voice say I knew who it was but I was hoping my mind was playing tricks on me and this was all just a nightmare and I fell asleep at my desk. I saw Keiran sit down next to me.

"Hey Kid really you ok?" He asked and put his hand over mine. I jerked my hand away and looked up at him. Was that hurt and anger in his eyes?

"Huh...I'm fine...and it wasn't a ghost..." I told him...

"Well what happened?"

"Why do you care?!" I said harshly. I saw the hurt and anger again. Maybe hes not so bad... He started to get up.

"Wait" I said as I put my hand on his arm. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry for earlier that wasn't fair!"

"S'ok happens people judge and I kind of judged you to so ya know..." He said as he sat down.

"That's it? hmm..." I sighed.

"What? Do I have to say it? So what has you all discombobulated?"He smiled and glanced down to where my hand was still on his arm.

Oops I removed my arm from his form fitting cotton sweater. I realized we were quite close and I kind of missed the contact he was really warm and my hands are always cold it was nice. What am I thinking! I really need to get a grip, I realized he was staring at me and I was looking at my hand. "Um...well your going to hear it anyways I found a box in my locker and -*"

I told him what happened although I left out the part about the note I still didn't know him and it could have been him, but he looked freaked out. I couldn't tell if he was acting or not but he was anxious. "Do you know who put it there? Or why?" He asked quickly. 

"No..." I said trying to figure him out.

"OK uh..I gotta go but um I'll see ya around" He rushed out and left me sitting there completely baffled.