[Nadia] Chapter 7

"I think this trip is bringing out the worst in me," I met Tobias' eyes as I chewed on a piece of bacon.

"Care to explain further?"

"I cursed exactly fifteen times this morning. That's like seven more times than I normally do."

Tobias rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his coffee and turning a page on the newspaper he was reading. He looked so professional, with his legs crossed and his eyes focused on every word, but his clothing screamed surfer. A loose tank-top draped across his upper body and a pair of board shorts was his attire for the day. It didn't look as if he had put much into his outfit considering he practically pulled me out of the hotel room this morning.

"You're staring."

"Excuse me?"

He broke his eye contact with the paper to look at me, "you're staring at me. Do I fascinate you?"

"Very much so."

"Why?"

"Because you're siting like a happy father of two, but you're dressed like a guy who ran straight off the beach."

"It's for blending purposes."

"Blending purposes?"

"When you're almost seven feet tall and have no color in your eyes, blending in gets extremely hard."

"Why don't you have color in your eyes?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"You don't give a lot of answers," I countered.

"You've never asked me a question that's worth answering. You've asked me all of these petty questions, but I want you to ask me what you really want to know. I want you to ask me what's eating you up inside. When you build up the courage to ask me that question, I'll answer it."

He left the table, stalking across the diner to pay for a food and then waving me over after he has slipped the waitress some money. I took a deep breath, pushing myself up from the chair and following him quietly.

The car roared to life after we had both settled in. He backed out of the parking lot carefully and then sped down the road. The trees and houses all blended into one large green blur as the speedometer grazed the one hundred mark.

"Could you slow down," I whispered, more to myself than to Tobias, but he heard and his foot eased off of the gas.

"Would you like a massage?"

"Excuse me?"

"You look tense and like you're about to vomit. Do you feel well?"

"I feel fine. I just feel this nudge in my gut telling me to jump out of this car and run. Something's telling me that if I continue this trip, I'll just end up broken."

"So why don't you get out of the car?"

"Because something's also telling me I'm a lot safer with you than I am out there."

"Io non ti lascerò mai."

"I don't know what the means, but I trust you. I don't know when I started trusting you, but I do."

"Good. I think things will be easier now that you understand I'm on your side."

"I just have one question."

"What's that?"

"What the hell are you?"

Author's Note

Alright, this is a super short filler chapter, but I'm trying to get back into the flow of writing. I know I said I was going to let it go for a while, but I just can't. This account has become a part of my life and letting it ago is a lot harder than I imagined. So we're finally getting somewhere with Nadia and Tobias which is absolutely beautiful. For some weird reasons I love they're relationship. It's not love and it's not hate, it's kind of like, I trust you, but bitch I know karate. Thank you guys for baring with me through my short break and I hope you guys enjoy this.