[Nadia] Chapter 11

I started to panic when I woke up and Tobias was still not moving with his head in my lap. I did the only logical thing I could think to do while having a half-dead demon in my lap, I pinched him.

"What the hell," Tobias growled, still not moving but with his eyes wide open.

"I thought you were dead?"

"How?"

"Okay, my bad," I paused, biting my lip, "are you okay? You need a bath to wash all this blood off you."

"I'll be better in a little while, I just need rest. Let me sleep mi angelo."

"I think it's kind of ironic a demon is calling me his angel."

"I think it's kind of a ironic an angel is in hell."

I yawned, "my legs are starting to fall asleep."

Tobias grunted, forcing his body weight on his two arms and dropping himself down on the bed next to me. My legs tingled and there was a wet spot where his sweat and blood had mixed on the new leggings I bought.

"Do you want something to eat?"

He shook his head.

"Tobias I hate seeing you like this, what do you need? What can I do to help? You're pouring blood and you look pale."

"I just need rest mi angelo, don't worry. I just have to sleep for a while."

I slid my legs off the edge of the bed, walking slowly through the house and to the kitchen. When I got downstairs Tobias' mother was already there, cooking and whistling as if her son wasn't upstairs dying.

"Can I offer you some eggs?"

I shook my head, "do you have some water or something?"

"Sure thing sweet heart."

The water didn't do much for me, but I couldn't eat. My stomach was still in too many knots from seeing Tobias sprawled out across me with blood. I decided that instead of sitting around and whining, I was going to do something to help him.

"C'mon," I lifted my hand under Tobias' shoulder and attempted to raise him to his feet.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm going to get you cleaned up."

It was hell attempting to get Tobias in the bath without breaking several things in the house, even though we had to sacrifice a few door frames and vases for the greater good.

"Don't you feel better?"

"I feel the same, just soaked in hot water."

I ran the rag up and down his bare back, allowing the warm water to run down his scars gently. They were healing, I assumed it was because he was a demon and had been getting the rest he claimed he needed to get better.

"Is it weird, being here with me, while I'm naked."

"There's a greater good to be concerned about now, your erection will have to wait."

Tobias smiled, "how long does he have to wait."

"Tobias-"

"I'm joking," he paused, "I do feel better though. Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

Tobias took his hand and dumped water over his long, black hair. It was gorgeous and for a second I wondered how he got it so long and full without split ends. I wanted to ask about his hair care routine, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the water before I could speak.