[Tobias] Chapter 9

"You've done it now."

Nadia rolled over out of her sleep, "what does that mean?"

"My mom wants to have a girl's day out with you, I tried to save you. You have a very hard head."

Nadia yawned, stretching her hands in the air and sitting up on the bed, "I think it'll be fun. I can finally get some clothes since you dragged me here with nothing to wear but your boxers and a shirt."

I laughed, "you don't understand. My mom is a vampire, she can shop for days without getting tired. You better hope she remembers you're human and lets you get something to eat."

"Stop scaring her Tobias," my mother appeared at the door. She was wearing jeans and tank top, her obvious attempt at modern fashion. Since my mother had been born sometime in the early stages of the renaissance, she often found it hard to fit in with the modern age. "Get dressed Nadia, we are going to have some much fun."

"She doesn't have clothes."

"Then give her some of yours Tobias, I am sick of you being so rude to your guest. Get her some clothing and when you're done with that, your fathers needs you."

I rolled my eyes, "for what?"

My mother's eyes began to darken, "do ask you're asked," she turned to Nadia, "I'll see you in a little, make sure Tobias gets you something out of his closer that's decent."

My mother turned on her heels and left. Nadia stared at me, her eyes looked glassy from her lack of sleep and I felt semi-bad for half of a second.

"Your mom is awesome."

"I know."

**********************

I had made sure Nadia left the house with food in her stomach. My mother was notorious for going on shopping trips and bringing back skeletons. Her longest trip lasted half a year and she spent all those months looking for a certain blouse in blue. After I had seen to it that Nadia wasn't going to die anytime soon, I took the steps down to my dad's office two at a time.

"She's doing something to you."

"She's not."

"She's not even suppose to be here."

"Well she is and she isn't going anywhere."

"I've gotten in contact with Silas," my father paused, "he claims you robbed him. I'm not sure what he means by that."

"You know exactly snag he means by that. He sent one of his 'disciples' after her, they tried-they tried to assault her, sexually. I saved her and had to kill him. He wasn't even suppose to be on that side of town, his own lost."

"Silas has to be stopped snd by stopped I mean absolutely cremated. He's older than you by half a second which makes this kingdom rightful his when I am no longer. He won't run it right, I need you over it. I need you to kill him."

"It's not that simple father, he's hiding. You and I both know it's impossible to find a hiding demon."

My father took a deep breath, "I need you on Earth, not here. She can stay, but I need you looking for him. He can't be far, he's a baby compared to you. Do this for me son, she'll be safe while you're gone."

"Okay," I sighed, "there are no other options. I'll tell her myself and leave sometime in the early morning."

"Good, I love you my boy."

"I love you too father."

I took the stairs back up the same way I had come down, two at a time. When I reached the top of them I found several bags from the expensive shops in town and the sweet smell of some sort of pastry radiating from the kitchen.

"Hi," Nadia smiled.

"Hi."

"It only took an hour which I hear is pretty good for your mother."

"You guys have been gone for an hour."

"Yeah, just a little over."

"Didn't feel like I was down there for an hour."

"You want some," she held out an apple pastry that was tucked deep into a box with grease around the edges. The last 'human' food I had was milk and at that time I was a newborn. I took it though, gently ripping a small piece apart from the rest of it and placing it in my mouth.

"It's good."

"You swallowed it whole?"

"I'm a demon."

Nadia continued eating, moving around the kitchen and looking through bags. I cleared my throat, she didn't notice.

"I have to go away for a while."

She froze, "what?"

"Just for a little while, I promise. I just have to handle some business on Earth."

"Can I go?"

"No, that's not a good idea. It won't take long and you'll have my mother to keep you company with plenty shopping trips. You can call me as well. You gonna' be okay?"

Nadia nodded, "I'll be fine. When do you leave?"

"Tonight."

She took a deep breath, eating the last part of the pastry, "this is so typical, but don't die. I'd be kind of sad if you did."

"Thanks, I guess."

"I'm going to go take a nap."

"Dormire bene il mio angelo."