[Nadia] Chapter 4

"Oh wow, the stalker is getting bold. You're not even stalking me from a distance anymore," I spat sarcastically at the man who had been continually following me around. Though I had tried to contact the police several times, the phone line was either cut or my phone mysteriously went off.

He chuckled and I rolled his eyes, "how many times do I have to explain to you I'm not stalking you."

"It seems like stalking. You're following me around and you knew how to get to my room without me telling you. I really wish I could call the police, you pervert."

His face suddenly shifted as it did every time I threw a particularly bad insult at him and his arm wrapped around mine tightly. He pulled me close to him, his colorless eyes never leaving mine.

"I am not a pervert. I am not stalking you, I've allowed you to have your fun with the name calling, but it stops. Today."

"I don't know which rock you climbed out from under, but this is not the 1800's. I don't have to listen to a thing you say."

He released my arm and took a few steps back. I folded my arms over my chest as his gorgeous eyes scanned mg body. It wasn't a sexual kind of look, he looked as if he had lost something and thought I had it.

"Listen," I started," I just want to know what you want from me. I already explained to you that money isn't something I have a lot of, so killing me or kidnapping me holds no purpose."

"And I already told you I don't want to do that."

"Then why follow me around? If you don't want anything from me, wouldn't it make sense to just leave me alone."

He shrugged his large shoulders, "perhaps, but you fascinate me. You're intriguing in the worst way possible."

"Edward Cullen is that you? You would think a stalker would have all his originality shit worked out by now."

He laughed. Not just a small chuckle that he was doing here and there, but a full laugh. He held his stomach as he threw his head back and laughed as if I had just told him the best joke possible. I took the time while he was fully distracted with his laughing to turn on my heels and start towards my class. Class was boring, but it was better than be stalked by a man a didn't know and I needed it if I wanted to get a good job.

Even though I was walking as quickly as my legs would take me, it wasn't long before he was beside me and nearly passing me. He didn't say anything as we walked, just admiring the day and sometimes me. I groaned, I was stuck with a stalker who I couldn't even tell campus police about.

"I wish you wouldn't call me a stalker," he spoke up.

"And what would you call yourself?"

"A friend in training."

I had to laugh at how incredibly child-like he sounded, but straightened my face quickly. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea and come back tomorrow, even though I knew he would wether I laughed at him or not.

"I have to get to class," I began walking the few paces to the lecture hall doors, before his arms grabbed mine and pulled me back. I thudded against his chest and immediately sprung back up to see what in the hell he thought he was doing. His face was rigid, absolutely stone-cold. I followed his eyes that were stuck on one spot, a boy who attended Kentfield getting in a car with what looked to be his parents.

"What? Did you stalk him too and he told?"

"You don't even know his face. He would have raped you and you wouldn't even know where to start."

There was an icy chill in the air as the conversation paused.

"I should have killed the bastard. He's done nothing good for anyone, he's the scum of the fucking earth."

There was another pause. His face loosened as he looked down me and place one of his huge hands on my shoulder.

"I'm not a stalker. Get to class."

"I've already told you, I don't take orders-"

"I apologize. Will you please enter your classroom?"

I folded my arms over my chest and took a deep breath before entering my the lecture hall. Throughout the whole thing I wasn't able to shake the boy's face. It could have been the face of my stolen innocence. It could have been the face that my child bore. I thought about my stalker.

He didn't seem bad, but of course he was hiding something. There was something that always seemed a little off about him, something that most people wouldn't catch, but I did. The way he talked, the way he walked, the way he looked at times. But what was it? Did I honestly want to know?

Author's Note

I suck at ending chapters and this is no different. But anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this long overdue update. Updates usually won't take that long, but everytime I started on this chapter I was just hit with writer's block. Happy Reading! Also, does anyone know any good white woman/ black man stories. I cannot take anymore of this "white girl moves to the ghetto, black man is gangster" bullshit.