[Nadia] Chapter 8

It seemed to me that I was the only person who that hell, was actually hell. It wasn't some cute name for a bad boy organization it was the actually place and I was terrified. I was asleep when we had arrived so I had no clue how Tobias got from the 'real' world to here, but in all honesty, I didn't want to know. The whole of hell, as weird as that is to say, looked like a small country town to be honest. There were shops and people and parks and houses, it seemed like it's own little functioning place and I stood out like sore thumb.

Tobias' father owned a mansion in the back of the town, Tobias had knocked on the door with me standing awkwardly at his side and explained to his yelling father why it was in both of their best interest that I made myself at home in hell.

I was awake now, despite it being hot as hell, no pun intended, the world had night and day cycles and even a few plants grew despite the heat. I hadn't talked to Tobias since I went up to my sleeping quarters and he went down into some unknown basement.

"Are you awake," speak of the devil, again, no pun intended.

"No, I'm sleeping."

"Ha," Tobias' voice was dry, but he did seem to have quite drastic mood swings, "would you like some breakfast?"

I raised an eyebrow, "what exactly do you eat in hell?"

"I eat souls and blood, but I imagine that doesn't sound appetizing to you so you can have eggs and such."

"Souls and blood?"

"I'll meet you downstairs if you're hungry."

Tobias turned and walked quickly down the wooden staircase. This was a common occurrence between us, each and every time I thought I was peeling one layer of Tobias' onion of personality, I was hit with the brick wall of a new fresh layer.

I climbed out of bed, pulling my braids into a ponytail and taking the stairs two at a time until I reached the bottom. To say Tobias was Prince of the Underworld and his father was King and his mother was a random vampire, they looked like a completely normal family with Tobias' father at the end of the table with a newspaper and his mother doting.

"You must be Nadia, what a pleasure it is to meet you." Tobias's mother has his same colorless eyes, but she brightened them with light make-up and her blonde curls. I shook the hand she reaching out of me and eased into a seat at that table.

"You'll love it here, we have shops and this cute little bakery-"

"She won't be here for long," Tobias interrupted.

"Oh," his mother's face sunk and I reached across the table to grab her hand.

"I'd love to check some of the shops out with you," I rolled my eyes at Tobias who was staring hard and proceeded to pick at the food at young maid placed before me.

"I'm going to my office, Elena, make sure the maids keep everything in order. Every time I turn my back another damn thing is broken."

"Yes sweetheart."

There was only two of us, Tobias and I, after his father and mother had left. He kept shooting me hard looks and snorting each time he did.

"Something you'd like to get off your mind?"

"Way to kiss ass."

"I wasn't kiss ass, if someone is happy to show me something or do something with me, I try to have a positive attitude unlike you."

He laughed, "you won't last long here."

"Good, then maybe you'll take me back where I belong on Earth. Who the fuck tries to fit in to hell?"

"Don't raise your voice."

"Fuck you, I've put up with your stupid like arrogant attitude long enough. You act as if I asked you to save me and put me through all this shit, I am not the mother fucking bad guy here. You are."

I stormed up the stairs, slamming the door and curling up in a ball on the bed. I could hear heavy footsteps following me, I rolled my eyes. Allowing him to open the door and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Would you like a massage?"

"I would like you to fuck off."

"A tampon instead?"

"I don't have the energy to argue with you, if you choose to be a dįck that's completely on you, but why bring me here just to treat me like shit."

Tobias grabbed my foot, pulling it into his lap and unraveling me from the fetal position I was laying in. I kicked his stomach and he laughed.

"Let me go," I whispered.

"I'm trying to be nice here."

"By physically assaulting my foot?"

"I'm pretty sure you kicked me."

He placed on hand on my calf and the other on my foot and gently began massaging the soft tissue there. I eyed him, watching him as he ran his fingers up and down my sole with care.

"I'm sorry, for everything. I'm a dįck."

"Yeah."

"You wanted to know what I am right?"

"Yeah."

Tobias placed my foot on the bed gently, he closed the door and stood at the head of my bed with his arms crossed.

"It's not pretty."

"Are you going to tease me all day?"

He laughed again, taking off his shirts and revealing his perfect, demon sculpted body. He turned so his chest was facing the wall and his back was facing me. He flexed his shoulders until two black winds erupted from his back.

My jaw dropped slightly, his wings were strangely beautiful in a weird, distressed type way. He relaxed his shoulders and his winds folded perfectly into his back with nothing more than a small tattoo mark showing where they had been.

"I'm a demon."