Chapter 16...

"Alex! What the hell!" I got up from the couch & ran over to Alex . Alex looked at me confused, "What? Did I intrude?". He was being a little rude, but I'll see how this goes, but what the hell, he looks perfectly fine!
Ricky got up and walked over to Alex & I. "Where have you been?!" I panic , he's staring at me like I've lost my mind. "Home? Why are you acting so weird Payton ? And who is this?" Alex asked . I narrowed my eyebrows & gave him a confused face. "Um.. what about the other night?" . He looked at me and looked confused too, "You mean at the party?". I nodded my head.

     "I mean I left after I ran into a few friends and went home? Why?" He said so calm. I'm so confused .. Everyone was saying he was with Bailey . "You were drunk and driving with Bailey? Weren't you? That's what Bailey and everyone else said!" I said in my most confused yet calm voice . His eyes got big & he looked really confused, "What in the world? I don't even drink! You know that ? Why would everyone say that?". What in the hell. "Hold on." ,I tell him .

         *Calling Baileys mom*

Baileys mom : hello?

Me : Hello! I have a question.

Baileys mom : and what is that ? & how are you doing ? You alright ?

Me : I'm doing better , how about Bailey . I wanted to stop by today but I was busy all day.

Baileys mom : She's talking more yeah, but there is some bad news I will tell you in person . What's your question ?

Me : oh no ,  the words bad news make me cringe .. Could I stop by tonight or tomorrow?

Baileys mom : why don't you stop by tomorrow , I'm going to leave her here tonight because she wants to be alone .

Me : alright that's fine . But anyways , who did Bailey say was in the vehicle with her when they were drunk?

Baileys mom : She said some Alex , I'm not sure .

Me : okay , well I don't know what's going on , but the only Alex I know that she would've been with is one of my best friends that is also her friend , and he's in my living room right now saying he wasn't in the vehicle and doesn't even know what's going on .

Baileys mom : Well that's really weird . Do you want to talk to her? I think she would love to hear from you anyways.

Me : that would be awesome , thanks !

Baileys mom : *gives phone to bailey* hell- *cough* hello?

Me : hey Bailey . How you holding up?

Bailey : could be .. So much better .
How was... Your day.....with Ricky?

Me : I'll make sure to tell you everything when I see you next alright? But I have a question .

Bailey : hit me with.. It

Me : who was in the vehicle with you when this happened ?

Bailey : Alex

Me : are you positive ?

Bailey : y..es

Me : okay well he's in my living room right now & doesn't have any idea what is going on & said he wasn't with you .

Bailey : not .. Your Alex ...

Me : then what Alex..?

Bailey : Alex ... The 22 year old guy that ... I told you .. Was ... Attractive ... At the party .. His name is Alex ....

Me : a 22 year old !! Bailey are you kidding me!? does your mom know ?!

Bailey : I don't .. Know Payton ... Stop yelling at me... It was an obvious mistake ...

Me : I'm sorry . But Bailey I thought and I know you are smarter than that .

Bailey : I .. Know .. I'm so sorry .

Me : Bailey just pray ok? Please please pray .

Bailey : every.. Night .. For you payt..

Me : I'll see you tomorrow . Get some rest .

             *hung up phone*

       Alex and Ricky stare at me. "Well what's going on? Is everything alright ?" Ricky asked and walked over to me and rubbed my shoulder .

     "I'm so sorry Alex ..I didn't mean to freak out when you came , I thought it was you.." I started crying & probably looked like an idiot but I don't care at this point . Alex stood in the same spot he was in when he walked in . He's mad at something and I'm just not sure what. "Well who was it..?" Alex asked . I looked up trying to hold tears in, "a 22 year old Alex that she thought was attractive at the party . Now her mom told me there is bad news but she's waiting until tomorrow to tell me." I start to cry again . Alex is tearing up , & I understand why Ricky isn't too upset , because he didn't know Bailey that well , but he did walk me over to the couch and sit down with me . I'm so happy he's here . Alex was still standing there a while then left without saying anything . Oh.

     _____________________
*10:45 pm*

     Ricky is still with me. We are sitting on the couch still . I feel bad that he's still here , "You don't have to stay with me you know ? It's going on 11." He just looked at me and we stared at each other , he kissed my forehead . "Don't worry about it , I want to stay , unless you want me to go." He whispered on my forehead . The feelings right now .

      I looked at him , I want him to stay .