Chapter 17...

*Next morning*

      Ricky stayed over night , he slept on the couch & I slept in my room. I woke up & look at my phone , its 10:23 am. I went on Instagram and looked at my news feed , then locked my phone and put it on my bed, I got up and went in the bathroom and got refreshed .

    I'm still wearing what my dad gave me yesterday & I just threw my hair up in a messy bun. I left my phone in on my bed & went downstairs . Ricky was still sleeping & my mom and dad were on the front porch drinking coffee . I knocked on the door lightly to let them know I was awake & I went into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar .

       A few minutes later I saw Ricky's head pop up from the couch. "Hey, you hungry?" , I asked him & he looked in the kitchen at me. He smiled & nodded his head. He came into the kitchen and I handed him a granola bar and a banana. We sat on the stools by my island in my kitchen & ate. "What time did we fall asleep?" , Ricky asked as he took a bite of his banana. I just shrugged my shoulders, "I honestly have no idea , maybe around 2ish".

      We were done eating now & Ricky's phone started ringing, it was his dad. Ricky went onto the back porch & talked . I just looked out the door and watched him .

      It's so weird knowing he stayed at my house . My mom came in the kitchen , "Did you eat something?" . I nodded my head . She looked outside, "Who's he talking too?" . I told her his dad called him.

    Ricky finally got off the phone and came in, "Hey Payton , my dads a bit mad so I'm gonna have to go. I'll text you or something alright ? " . I hope I didn't get him in trouble. "Alright , hope everything's ok ." I told him before he walked out. "Me too , thanks for having me you guys , I'll see ya." He left .

     "Did he tell his dad he was staying here?" My mom asked. I told her I didn't know . I went back upstairs to get ready and go to see Bailey. I hopped in the shower .

    When I got out I did my usual. I blow dried my hair & brushed my teeth . I went into my room and just got some gray Nike sweatpants & a school shirt , I also threw on my Black and teal Nike roshes. I threw my hair in a messy bun & grabbed my phone & went downstairs . "Hey mom can you drive me to the hospital to see Bailey ?". She walked over to me and handed me the keys , "You have your license, you drive , I'm going to be cleaning all morning." .  She's never let me drive there vehicles before , so I'm kind of happy , "Alright , thanks mom, love you."

      I got into my moms SUV & drove my way to the hospital.

     When I got there , I of course went to her room & her mom was just about to walk in her room before me , "Hey Katrina(Baileys mom)!". She stopped and turned & she smiled and waved at me. "Hey Payton , glad you came." She told me . I really want her to tell me the news before I walk in there . "Do you want to the cafeteria and get something to eat so I can tell you the news?" She asked. I nod my head & we made our way to the cafeteria.

     We got our food and found a place to sit , we ate a little then she began to talk. "This is really hard for everyone , you know? And nobody except for her dad , her brother , & I know. She doesn't even know yet . The doctors are letting her know today. & we just think you deserve to know since you're like her sister." I nod & start to tear up, "Well thank you so much , please tell me what's going on ." I asked nicely , while starting to cry . She started to tear up too .

    "Bailey is paralyzed from the waste down."