chapter 9...

Finally . Home . Laying in my bed , doing nothing . I'll go downstairs and see what my dad is doing .

I walk downstairs & look out the back window out at the barn . Doors are open , he must be out there . I slip on my Muck boots & go out in the barn .

"Hey dad.." I say to him as I slip through the door . "well hello , your mother never called me, what was going on?" He asked curious but not too curious. I looked down at my boots as I was stepping in the fresh hay my dad Layed down. "Bailey is in the hospital." I tell him as he gives me the 'why' look . "Because She got in an accident ... She was drinking and driving. & so was the person she hit." I finish.

He looked at me shocked , "Well , you ought to be shittin' me. anyone else the car with her?" He asks. I think to myself. If I tell him Alex was & he was even the one driving , he may never let me be with alex again ... but I'm not going to lie to him.

"Well yea ." I say . Hoping he doesn't ask who. Which he does. "So who else ?" I'm nervous to tell him. "Well you see dad ..." he stops me . "Payton , you better have not been in that vehicle." My eyes got huge , I start shaking my hands in the "no , no , no " form. "Noo dad , don't worry I wasn't.. It was Alex .. he was driving" I finally said . My dad was almost confused , "our alex ? You're best friend alex?" He asks quickly. "Yes dad my Alex."

"Oh my good Lord , I thought he was smarter then that !" my dad says surprised . "don't worry , he obviously learned from his mistakes. " I tell my dad , hoping to calm him down. "Have you seen him today ?" He asks , I shake my head .

"Hey don't worry about it , they'll be fine. We have a great God , all it takes is prayer & the power of our father. do you need any help around the barn?" I say trying to change the subject . My dad smiled , "Man I sure raised you right , & yeah , would you go put new hay in Cowboys stall ? I did the other ones , but his , the dirty hay is out , the fresh hay is over there ." I nodded & got to work .

( sorry it's a short chapter)