Chapter 6

Chapter Six 😢

So far this party sucks, Kat is drunk off her head, my brother along with her. I've lost Bianca and Patrick, so I'm currently running around a table trying to get Kat down.

"Kat come down please. Be careful. Watch out for the light. Watch out." But it's to late, she hits her head and falls. I rush around the table to catch her but Patrick does instead. I sigh and smile. I walk to him and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." Kat mumbles. Ross walks to us and takes Kat from us.

"I'll look after her." He says and I nod. I look to Patrick and sigh.

"I need air." I say taking a drink and walking outside. Patrick follows and I lean against the wall.

"Hey, hey, we need to talk." Cameron says to Patrick. I smile.

"Go." I say, Patrick walks off to the side to talk to him.

"Hey sweet cheeks." I hear a voice say, I turn my head to see Joey. I sigh.

"What do you want, gel head?" I ask,
he pulls me close by the waist.

"You." He pushes me against the wall, I glare and knee him where it hurts. His hold on me loosens and I push him on the floor.

"Touch me again and I'll kill you." I say and walk away. I see some swings not far away, Kat and Ross are there. I smile a little and walk towards the front of the house.

"Hey, hey. Where you going?" Patrick asks rushing towards me.

"Somewhere quiet. So in other words, not here." I say, he grabs my arm and turns me to him.

"Why?" He asks, I sigh.

"So far this party sucks, I've just had to babysit. I have no idea where Bianca is which is worse and I've almost just got raped by Joey 'gel head'." I shout, tears start to run down my face. Patrick pulls me in a hug and holds my head against his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone." He says, I pull back and give him a small smile.

"It's okay." I say, he looks at my eyes. I start to lean in but he turns his head. I drop down off of my toes and sigh.

"Maybe we should does this some other time." He says, I look up at him and glare.

"I'll walk home, it's not that far away." I say, I push out of his arms and walk away. I push my hair over my shoulder and sigh.

"Today was the worst day of my life." I mutter to myself.

-----------------------

It was the Monday after the party, I've ignored Patrick all day. I can't even think properly. I completely embarrassed myself to him.

"Are you okay?" Kat asks, as we walk in Mr Morgan's class room. I nod and give her a small smile.

"Yeah just upset that's all." I answer and sit next to her.

"Alright, not that I give a damn but how was everybody's weekend?" Mr Morgan asks.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe we should ask Kat." Gel head answers, I turn and glare at him.

"Unless she kicked the crap out of your dumb butt, I don't wanna hear about it." He back-talks Joey. Kat smirks and looks to me.

"I can name one person who did." She says, I snicker and wink at her.

"Okay, let's open up our books to page 73, Sonnet 141. And listen up." He says then starts rapping.

"In faith, I do not love thee
with mine eyes. For they and thee
a thousand errors note.
But 'tis my heart loves what
they despise.
Who in despite of view
is pleas'd to dote." He finishes, I smile amazed.

"Now, I know Shakespeare's a dead white guy, but he knows his shit, so we can overlook that. I want you all to write your own version of this sonnet." He says, everybody groans. "Apart from you Miss Roses considering you've done this before at a another school? However you can put your talents to the test and and write a song about it to perform in front of the school." I smile and nod, he walks to the back of the class room as her says this. Kat then raised her hand.

"Yes, Miss l-Have-An-Opinion-About-Everything?" He asks, I snicker at hiw he asks.

"Do you want this in iambic pentameter?" Kat asks and Mr Morgan turns shocked.

"You're not gonna fight me on this?"

"No, I think it's a really good assignment." Kat says, and he chuckles.

"You're just messin' with me, aren't you?"

"No, I'm really looking forward
to writing it."

"Get out of my class."

"What?"

"Out. Get out!" Kat picks up her stuff and leaves the room.

"Thanks, Mr Morgan." Gel head says, I turn in my seat.

"Shut up."