Chapter 7

Chapter Seven 😍

I was currently playing with one of the balls next to the field while Kat practices. I see Patrick and Cameron talking. Michael then walks up to me.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asks and I shrug.

"Okay." I say shortly.

"How was Friday?" He asks and I just looked at him. "That bad?" I sigh and hold the ball in my arms.

"I'm sure you know what it's like to embarrass yourself in front of someone you like." I say and his gaze drops to the floor.

"Yes I suppose." He says, I see the Patrick and Cameron looking over at us.

"Listen I know they sent you over here, so give him a message. "Go screw yourself dickhead."" I say and turn my back to him. I hear Michael sigh and walk off. I watch Kat do her training but my mind automatically goes back to him. I turn and kick the ball as hard as I can in their direction. They quickly dodge and look at me, I glare and walk away.

---------------------

Kat and I are currently at the music store looking through stuff. I put a head set on and pulled a guitar from the shelf and a matching songwriting book. I sat down and started strumming notes. I felt eyes on me so I turned but nobody was there. I pick the songwriting book back up and go to pay for it.

Okay.

I got up and walked into the library. I was looking through the shelf and was about to walk through the next row until Patrick appeared in front of me.

"Excuse me. Have you seen The
Feminine Mystique? I've lost my copy." He says, I glare at him and sigh.

"What are you doing here?" I snap at him.

"I heard there was a poetry reading." He says, I step around him towards the door.

"You're so..." I say but he cuts me off.

"Charming... Wholesome." He replies. I turn to him.

"Stupid, unwelcome, annoying, the list goes on." I say, I go for leave but his voice stops me.

"You're not as mean as you think you are, you know that?" He asks, I turn back to him.

"And you're not as badass as you think you are." I retort.

"Ooo, someone still has her panties in a twist." He says, I glare at him but I feel tears coming to my eyes.

"Don't for one minute think that you had any effect whatsoever on my panties." I snap at him, he takes a step back.

"Then what did I have an effect on?" He asks, I step closer to him.

"Other than my upchuck reflex, nothing." I answer, I push the book 'Feminine Mystique' I back away and walk out just in time for a single tear slip down my cheek.

--------------------------

Right now I'm sitting on a bench next to Kat's training field, writing a few ideas down for the song I have to perform. That was until I hear a voice singing through the speakers around the field. I look at the back of the bleachers to see Ross and Patrick both standing with a mic in their hands.

"You're just too good to be true cant take my eyes off of you.
You'd be like heaven to touch I wanna hold you so much." Ross sings, Patrick then starts and he's not a bad singing.

"At long last love has arrived and I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true can't take my eyes off of you." He finishes, pointing right at me. I stand up and a whistle blows then the band starts to play.

"I love you, baby And if it's quite all right I need you, baby
To warm the lonely night, I love you, baby
Trust in me when I say." Ross sings, dancing down the bleachers. Then comes Patrick. I turn to look at Kat and burst out laughing. She comes and stands next to me.

"Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray,
Oh, pretty baby
Now that I found you, stay and let me love you, baby.
Let me love you." He dances down them and then sits down directly in front of us with Ross sitting next to him. Then they're both grabbed by security. But they both get out of their hold and dance in the opposite direction. They both run all over the place. As they're running away, Patrick smacks one on the arse. I'm clapping and laughing at them both. Patrick looks at me and smiles. Then they are both dragged away. I turn to Kat and laugh.

"That was entertaining." I say and she nods.

"They'll probably get detention." She says, I nod and look at her sneakily.

"Mission get them out of detention at go." I say and she lets out a laugh.

-----------------------

So now Kat and I are about to walk in the classroom to get Patrick and Ross out of detention. We both walk in and I spot Patrick with his head to the table, my brother sees us and pokes Patrick.

"Mr Chapin, can we talk to you
for a second?" Kat asks, we both walk towards him at the front of the classroom.

"What can I do for you, Stratford, Roses?"

"I have some ideas on how
we can improve the girls' soccer team." Kat says and I smile sweetly at him.

"Great! Let's talk about it later." He says and turns around. I look at Patrick and Ross. 

"The window." I say and they give me a confused look. I sigh a whisper louder. "The window." I say and they come to realisation.

"As you know, we have
a really big game with Hillcrest High..." Kat says and I grab Mr Chapin's arm to turn him. Oh god here I go.

"Your bicep is huge! Oh, my God. The other one's even bigger." I say taking a hold of both of his arms. I see Patrick and Ross rush towards the cardboard cutout.

"You don't take steroids, do you,
because I've heard steroids... can severely disintegrate your... package?" Kat says nervously, I hear the class groan. "Not that I'm thinking about your package. That's not the point." Kat finishes.

"Let's hope not." He replies and then the floorboard creaks behind him so he goes to turn around. But I grab his arm again.

"The point is they kick our butts every year at least that's what Kat tells me."   I say grabbing his arm turning him back towards us.

"I was thinking, I devised a plan that will enable us to finally defeat them." Kat states and Mr Chapin becomes more interested.

"Which is?" He asks and the floor creaks again.

"That thing that you taught us." Kat say as if it's obvious.

"What thing?" He asks confused, shit, think, Ryder, think. OH!

"Misdirection." I say and he frowns.

"I taught you that?" He asks.

"Yeah, you or Siegfried or Roy Anyway, that's not important." Kat says. And the floor creaks yet again, I send a glare at the boys.

"The... Think about it. Um, they're looking left and we're running right. Bang, we score. We win." Kat says grabbing hold of his face moving it from side to side.

"Okay, but how do we get 'em to look left?" He asks and Kat fumbles. Then there's banging. Oh for gods sake.

"Um, like this." I say and flash him with my boobs. The whole room erupts into cheers and my face slowly turns red. Mr Chapin looks at me shocked. I pull my shirt down when I see both Patrick and Ross are out the window.

"Okay. Well, now that you've seen "the plan," We're gonna go and show "the plan" to someone else. Okay." I say turning and walking out the room.