Chapter 9

Chapter Nine ☺️

I'm currently getting changed for the prom. Patrick will be here in a couple of minutes and my Mum is freaking out of my make-up.

"And one more flick. Done." She says and I sigh.

"Finally." Ross comes into the room and I smile at his tux. Kat changed her mind about going to prom because she wanted to do it for her sister. My brother stops at the sight of me.

"Wow, sis you look beautiful." He says and I blush. I smile and walk up to him and hug him.

"Thank you, you look handsome." I say, Mum pulls out a camera.

"Photos." She squeals, Dad walks in then and smiles at us both.

"You two look very nice." He says. Mum takes a picture of us both. Then I had one with dad, and we all had a family picture. Just as we were finished, the door bell rang. I walked down stairs and they followed me, they waited on the stairs as I opened the door. I open it to see Patrick in a tux, he looked amazing. He looks at me and his jaw drops.

"Wow." Was all he says. I smile and blush. "You look absolutely beautiful." He says, while stepping inside. I let him in and Ross comes towards us.

"Well, I think you both look awesome." He says, putting both of his arms around our shoulders. We have a picture together.

"Alright Ross, come away so they can have a picture." Mum says, Ross let's us go and walks to stand next to Dad. Patrick pulls me further into his side and I place my hand on his chest. I look up at him and he looks down to me. I see the camera flash go off but I didn't care. Patrick leaned down and placed his lips to mine. I pull away and smile at him. I look back to my parents to see them smiling at us.

"Oh right, Mum, Dad, this is Patrick. Patrick, this is my Mum and Dad." I introduce them. Patrick let's go of me and walks up to them.

"It's nice to meet you both." He says, shaking my Dad's hand then taking my Mum's hand and kissing it.

"Alright we gotta go." Ross says and we walk towards the door.

"Bye Mum, bye Dad." I say and wave. We walk out the door smiling. Patrick looks down to me.

"You ready?" He smiles at me.

"Yes!"

-----------------------

We get to prom and Ross stays by the balcony while I walk inside. We make it to the middle of the dance floor then Mandela walks towards us.

"Have you seen him?" She asks, I frown in confusion.

"Who?" I ask, she walks around the other side of me.

"William. He asked me to meet him here." She said looking around anxiously.

"Oh, Mandella, please tell me you haven't progressed to full-on hallucinations." I sigh out, she turn towards the stage. Then Patrick points to Michael on the stage dress in a William Shakespeare outfit. I smile and watch as she makes her way closer to him. I then turn to Patrick.

"I owe Ross a favour so I'll be up there." I say, he nods, as I'm walking away, I'm pulled back to him and his lips smash to mine. I smile and then pull away. I walk to the side of the stage and go up on it.

"Hey guys, I owe my brother a big favour so here I am performing for his amazing date." I say and the crowd cheers. I start singing and the other singer comes to join me. I then see Patrick walk up on stage and stand behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I finish my song and Patrick and I walk off stage. Kat comes towards us.

"Thank you." She says and I hug her.

"It was my pleasure." I say, then Patrick drags me away.

"Let's dance." He says and we start dancing like crazy.

"Milwaukee." He says while dancing. I look at him confused.

"What?" He spins me around then pulls me back to him.

"That's where I was last year. I wasn't in jail. I don't know Marilyn Manson and I didn't sleep with a Spice Girl, I don't think." He states and I smirk, he pushes me out the brings me back out.

"You see, my grandpa, he was ill so I spent most of the year on his couch... watching Wheel of Fortune and making Spaghettios. End of story." He say leaning me over. I laugh as he brings me back up.

"No way." He says and we start dancing again. But then he's pulled away by Joey.

"Hey. What's Bianca doing here
with that cheese dick? I didn't pay you to take out Ryder so some
little punk could snake me with Bianca." He says, my heart shatters. I feel tears come to my eyes as I look to Patrick, who looks at me.

"Nothing in it for you, huh?" I say and barge past him, I rush out the room and try to go down the stairs.

"Would you give me a chance..." Patrick says, grabbing my arm and turning me.

"You were paid to take me out by the one person I truly hate. I knew this was a set-up!" I say and try to turn.

"Ryder, it wasn't like that, okay." He says and I shake my head.

"What was it like, a down payment now and a bonus for sleeping with me?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No, I didn't care about the money!
I cared... I cared about you." He says and a few tears fall down my face.

"You are so not who I thought you were." I say turning to walk away but he spins me back to him and kisses me. I push him away and go to walk to down stairs but stop. I turn back towards him.

"Are you gonna pay watch me punch him in the face?" I ask running back into the room. I see Joey talking to Ross as if nothing happen. I grab his shoulder and punch him hard.

"AHH." He shouts, everybody turns to us. I kick him, my brother try's to stop me.

"Next time your gonna pay someone take me out, this is gonna be a lot worse." I say and punch him one last time which knocks him out. I get up and walk away. I rush down the stairs and out the front entrance. I start to walk home and when I get there I slam the door shut. Mum and Dad rush towards me. They see my face and blood knuckles.

"What happened?" Mum asks, I let out a sob then burst into a sobbing fit. I throw my hands in the air.

"He's just like all the others." I say, I quickly rush upstairs. I get to my room and laid on my bed. I then get an idea for the song project.

"Perfect" I say, then Ross and Kat walk into the room. I pass them my book.

"Need my help?" He asks, I nod and Kat wraps her arms around me.