Chapter 8

Chapter Eight 😘

So now Patrick and I are in a peddling boat. Talking.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me sneak out of detention. Very cool." He says, I laugh and nod.

"No problem." I reply.

"I thought for sure I was busted when I was climbing out that window, I tell ya. So, how did you keep him distracted?" He asks, I looked at him and blushed.

"There is no other way to put this into words so. I flashed him with my boobs." I say and he bursts out laughing.

"So, what's your excuse?" He asks.

"For?"

"For acting the way we do?

"I don't like to do what people expect. Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own?"

"So, you disappoint 'em from the start and then you're covered, right?" He asks and I look at him, smiling a little.

"Something like that." I state.

"Then you screwed up."

"How?" I ask confused, I don't think.

"You never disappointed me." He replies and I blush giving him a small smile which he returns. "Are you up for it?" He asks, I frown.

"Up for what?" I ask, and he points forward. I look where he's pointing and its a paintball park. I smirk at him.

"Hell yes."

---------------------

Now we're in a white jumpsuit with bags and goggles and throwing paintballs at each other. I throw one at him, it hits his chest then I hide behind a window. He throws his and it hit he window. I jump up and start laughing at him. Then I'm hit by another in the stomach.

We run around throwing them at each other, until he pushed me over and we both land on a pile on hay. He lands on top of me, removes his goggles and flings them behind him. I take my goggles of and lay them beside me. He leans down and places his lips on mine. They move in sync, his lips are soft and gentle. He pulls away and I place my hand on the side of his face. I bring his lips back to mine and then pull away. I grab another paintball and smash it on his head. I quickly stand and run away from him laughing.

---------------------

"State trooper." I ask, Patrick and I are currently walking towards my house after the paintball war. We're covered in paint.

"Fallacy. Dead guy in the parking lot?" He asks.

"Rumour. The duck?"

"Hearsay."

"Jewel Parkinson's eyebrows?" I laugh at that and nod.

"Fact. But she deserved it. She tried to say my singing was fake."

"Fair enough." He says and we walk up the steps. I here dishes clash inside and I know it's my Mum.

"The accent?" I ask.

"It's real. I lived in Australia until I was ten." He says

"With the Pygmies?"

"Close. With my mom."

"Where were you last year? I know the porn career is a lie." I say standing next to a swinging chair on the porch of my house.

"Do you?" He says, I laugh and sit down.

"Tell me something true." I say and sit down.

"Something true. I hate peas." He says, I let out a laugh and shake my head.

"No. Something real. Something no one else knows." I say and he leans forward.

"Okay. You're sweet..." He says kissing one side of my neck. "and sexy..." I lean my head to the side and sigh. "And completely hot for me." He says.

"You are amazingly self-assured. Has anyone ever told you that?" I ask him placing my hand on his cheek. He looks into my eyes.

"I tell myself that every day, actually." He states, I laugh and he places his lips on mine. "Go to the prom with me." He mumbles against my lips.

"Is that a request or a command?" I ask and he pulls back.

"Come on. Go with me." I sigh and sink in my seat. My Mum will kill me if I won't.

"You better say yes to that sweetie." I hear a voice say. I frown and rush out of my seat and on to the front garden. I look back to see my Mum standing on my balcony. Patrick comes and stands next to me.

"Mum, listening in to others conversations is rude." I say, I put my hands on my hips. Before my Mum can reply Patrick turns me to him and gets down on his knees.

"Ryder Roses, will you be my date to the prom?" He asks, I grin and nod.

"Yes." I say, he stands and picks me up swinging me around. I can hear my Mum squealing from the balcony. Patrick places me on the ground and kisses me. This makes my Mum go wild. I kiss him back and place my arms around his neck. I then smell burning. I pull away and look at the house.

"Mum are you cooking something?" I ask, she stops jumping up and down.

"SHIT." She shouts and rushes back inside. I laugh and pull out of Patrick's arms.

"I'm gonna go, you better help with that." Patrick says, I smile and nod. He puts his hand on my cheek and brings my lips to his. "See ya tomorrow." He says.

"See ya." I say and he walks away. I watch as his truck drives away. I then see my brother's bike pull in. He gets of it and storms inside angrily, I frown.

"Ross, what's wrong?" I ask and he turns to me.

"Kat won't go to the prom with me." He says, I blink in shock.

"Why?"

"She doesn't want to go." He says, turns and storms upstairs.