Chapter 10

Chapter Ten 😚💞

Now I'm sitting in Mr Morgan's class sitting next to Kat.

"All right, I assume everyone
has found time to complete their poem, except for Mr Donner, Who has an excuse. Also Miss Roses who's gonna perform her song in ten minutes on the soccer field. Shaft, lose the glasses. All right, anyone brave enough to read theirs aloud?" He asks and no one puts there hands up, he sighs then looks to me.

"Might as well get to the field early." I say and stand up. Kat soon follows. Then everybody is following. I see my brother already there setting everything up. I smile and hug him.

"Thank you." I mutter. He nods and rubs my back.

"It's fine, I'm your brother. I need to look after you." He says and I smile. Slowly all the bleacher start to fill. And so did the field. I see my Mum and Dad here. I see Patrick standing next to Cameron and Michael in the field too. I get up on stage and turn on the mic.

"Okay so instead of rewriting the sonnet, I did a song. It's called, "Hate that I love you" hope you enjoy it." I say and everybody claps or screams. Ross puts another mic on next to me. He turns to me and nods. I nod back and the music starts playing.

"That's how much I love you
That's how much I need you
And I can't stand you
Must everything you do make me wanna smile
Can I not like you for awhile? (No....)"
Everybody starts clapping along and I see Kat and Bianca standing there smiling at us. I smile back and wave a little. I look to Patrick who got his eyes on me.

Ross
But you won't let me
You upset me girl
And then you kiss my lips
All of a sudden I forget (that I was upset)
Can't remember what you did

Ryder
But I hate it...
You know exactly what to do
So that I can't stay mad at you
For too long that's wrong

Ross
But I hate it...
You know exactly how to touch
So that I don't want to fuss.. and fight no more
Said I despise that I adore you

Ryder
And I hate how much I love you boy (yeah...)
I can't stand how much I need you (I need you...)
And I hate how much I love you boy (oh whoa..)
But I just can't let you go
And I hate that I love you so (oh..)
Patrick still has his eyes on me and I just stare back.

Ross
You completely know the power that you have
The only one makes me laugh

Ryder
Said it's not fair
How you take advantage of the fact
That I... love you beyond the reason why
And it just ain't right

Ross
And I hate how much I love you girl
I can't stand how much I need you (yeah..)
And I hate how much I love you girl
But I just can't let you go
But I hate that I love you so

Both
One of these days maybe your magic won't affect me
And your kiss won't make me weak
But no one in this world knows me the way you know me
So you'll probably always have a spell on me...

Ross
Yeah... Oh...

Ryder
That's how much I love you (as much as I need you)
That's how much I need you (oh..)
That's how much I love you (oh..)
As much as I need you

And I hate that I love you so
And I hate how much I love you boy
I can't stand how much I need you (can't stand how much I need you)
And I hate how much I love you boy
But I just can't let you go (but I just can't let you go no..)
And I hate that I love you so

And I hate that I love you so.. so..."

We finish and everybody cheers. God that felt good. I look to Ross who's smiling, I give him a small smile and a few tears slip down my face. Mum and Dad then come on stage and the crowd's cheers get louder. Dads carrying the guitar I was look at in the store. I take it from him and there's a note on it.

"To Ryder
I'm sorry for the pain I out you through, please forgive me. I saw you looking at it in the store, and I knew you could feel someone watching you. I was me, I suited you so I got it. Please, please forgive me.
Always yours
Patrick." I felt arms go around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He says and I let out a breath. I turn in his arms and smile.

"What? I-I it's just.... What?" I ask can't get my words out. We were on the screens next to the stage too.

"I had some extra cash, you know. Some asshole paid me to take out this really great girl." He says and I let out a laugh.

"Is that right?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, but I screwed up. I, um... I fell for her." He says and the cheers get louder.

"Really?" I ask shyly. He nods and looks directly into my eyes.

"It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention." He states pulling me closer to him. I place the guitar back against a speaker. I place a hand on my forehead and sigh.

"Oh, God." I say, I let out a laugh. And he pushes some of my hair out of the way. He leans down to kiss me but I back away.

"You can't just buy me a guitar every time you screw up, you know." I say and put my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, I know. But there's always drums and bass and maybe even one day a tambourine." He says and tries to kiss me again but I pull back before he could again.

"And don't just think you can..." This time he pull my hips right to him and smashes his lips on mine. Everybody's cheering and screaming. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer if possible. We pull away and rest our foreheads together.

"I love you." He says and I'm screaming inside. I grin and tighten my hold on him.

"I love you too." I say and kiss him again.

BEST DAY EVER!! I scream in my head because it is true. This is the best day ever.