Chapter 9

Hey guys! If your looking for a good read I suggest the book, Rose Dawson by potternerd, Its a pretty great book :)) enjoy!!! 

------•---------

The white fingers crept across grass as November rolled in. I could always count on being able to see Hagrid defrosting broomsticks or trying to save the chickens from freezing. The Quidditch season had also begun and Harry was constantly practicing for the game against Slytherin. I guess it was exciting but I spent about a week practicing my potions. I now had about 23 different assorted potions from A-Z. Yeah that's how bored I was, I was reduced to spending more time with Snape.

The next day in the courtyard Hermione made some blue fire which we carried around in a jam jar. Harry was eagerly holding his book, 'Quidditch Through the Ages', like he always does. It was pretty normal until Snape came limping over. He didn't see the jam, thank Godric, but he took away Harry's book and 5 points from Gryffindor. Cheerful right? Haha, wrong. After that Harry Hermione and Ron went upstairs, but I wanted to walk around.

I wrapped my cloak around me and walked through the corridor unseen. I loved sneaking around and exploring every detail of the school, but the teachers weren't THAT stupid, they can tell when somethings up.

Anyway, I was walking through the hallway when I saw Proffesor Dumbledore he walked down a corridor that went past about 12 classrooms. One of the doors was ajar so I walked in slowly. At the front of the room there was a huge mirror carved with cool symbols. I stood infront of it to see... Myself, and my mom and dad, and Harry. We were all sitting in a room unwrapping boxes covered in paper. I could feel a tear running down my cheek but I swept it away.

I ran back to the Common Room knowing anything that good couldn't be true, or sane. I remember reading a book about dangerous magic items and non-dangerous items. I was guessing this was one of the dangerous ones.

A minute later I was in the Gryffindor corridor. I looked over at Harry and could tell he wanted his book back. He was fidgeting around and twidling his thumbs. Harry suddenly got up and walked out. Not good, not good at all.

I put the cloak back on and followed him to the staff room. He knocked a few times and then pushed it open. I couldn't see what he saw, but by the expression on his face I could tell it wasn't very good.

He closed it again slowly, only thats when Snape saw him.

"POTTER!" he screamed. I stood on my tip-toes to see Snape dropping his pant leg. Harry started stuttering about his book but gave up and ran back upstairs. Quirrel was there too holding a bandage wrap. I was about to walk in when Snape said,

"Jade, I wouldn't eavesdrop on teachers if I were you," he then pulled out his wand and with one flick the door was closed. As I walked back upstairs one question remained in my head, 'How did he know I was there?' Maybe there's a rip in my cloak, or he heard me breathing?

As I walked into the Common Room I immediately spotted Harry, Hermione and Ron. I walked over and sat in one of the rolling chairs.

"Whatcha talkin bout?" I inquired.

"Well, I went down to get my book from Snape in the teachers room and when I opened the door he had a huge cut on his leg, and Quirrel was there too, he was holding bandages, but what really proved it, was right before I went in he said, 'How are you supposed to keep an eye on all three heads at once."

"Wow! Sounds cool, but what are we going to do about it?" Harry shrugged as people got up to go to bed. We all yawned and walked up the stairs. As I made my way up with Hermione we talked about what could be under the trap door, then she started talking about how Snape would never do something like try to steal away from Dumbledore. And, suprisingly I agree with her.

I pushed the curtains open and got in bed. Closing the curtain again, I thought about everything weve discovered so far, and how it could all add up, like a puzzle.

For the next half-hour I lay awake in bed staring at the ceiling until finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I took the box out from under my bed and stared at it. I wanted to open it so badly, but I knew that if I did that then I would be breaking trust with whoever gave it to me. And besides, Christmas is in a couple weeks, not that long to wait.

I slid the box back under and closed my eyes, thinking about what could be in the box.

====================================

The next morning I walked down to the Great Hall with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. As soon as we walked in, all four of us were overwhelmed by how much food there was everywhere. Everyone shoveled food in their mouth instantly without hesitation, except Harry. Everyone was trying to get him to eat but he refused everything they pushed at him.

I could tell he was nervous about the Quidditch match today, everyone was. At about 10:30 I walked down to the Quidditch pitch with my binoculars. I was the only one there so far besides the teams playing.

I quickly pulled out my wand an enchanted my binoculars so that I could see upclose, replay events, and take picture and video. It was basically a pair of those Ministry ones at big Quidditch games.

I tested them out by zooming in on the school. I zoomed in through a window to see, Fluffy sleeping. Oh, that's just what I needed, to see a terrifying dog. I zoomed out and placed the binoculars on my lap.

I drew the magic bag I got from Madame Malkins and watched as a ton of little light particles formed together and made my bag. I love magic. I dug through it and finally found what I was looking for, those mini cameras, you know, muggle stuff. I levitade them to all corners of the field and then took out my cellphone.

I dialed my home phone and my mom answered,

"Jade?" She said excitedly.

"Hi mom! Well you know how you wanted to know what quidditch was?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, turn on the t.v. and you can watch the game i'm at right now!" I heard the t.v. static and then I heard her gasp.

"Oh! I see you!" She exclaimed.

"Yep, so now you and dad can watch the game. This ones between Gryffindor and Slytherin," 

" Oh thank you Jade, i'll get your dad and we'll watch the Quittech game okay? I love you! Bye!" Then she hung up. Quittech? Nice mom.

I drew the bag again and watched it dissapear. If she saw that, I know she just freaked out. I checked my cellphone and saw that it was 10:42, I looked at the school and saw a ton of people running over to the stadium. About 3 minutes later the stands were filled and the teams were walking out.

Madame Hooch started talking to all of them but I couldnt hear what she said, I don't think anyone could. She then blew the whistle and threw a,.... ball up and thats when the game began. She mounted her broom and surveyed the game as it went on and Lee was making, strange, remarks while Proffesor McGonagall scolded him.

It was going pretty well until the snitch was found. Harry went in for a dive when the Slytherin captain, Flint, blocked him. Harry went spinning off course holding onto his broom for dear life.

After he regained balance, they called a foul, and Seamus started screaming about Hallmark cards or whatever.

Then the game resumed and Harry flew above again. I looked up to see Harry's broom out of control trying to flip him off. It kept going on and I looked around, everyone was paying attention to the game but it seemed the only one that noticed was me and Oliver.

Until one person pointed and then everyone noticed. We all watched, and then harry was swung off with a violent jerk. Suddenly he was hanging on with one hand, so close to falling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEy guyyyyyys, I finally uploaded, and if you havent noticed I accidentally published it while it was, 'in the making' so I hope you likey! Keep commenting on whats in the box! :D it's so fun to see what you think!

~SS