twelve.

Nick's P.O.V.

I fall asleep for about 40 minutes until I wake up to the flight attendant putting a blanket around Cara and I. Cara is still in the same position she was when i fell asleep. Her head is rested on my shoulder and her arm is wrapped around mine. I put in my headphones and listen to some music. I don't want to move and accidentally wake her up, so I just rest my head on hers and I lace my fingers in hers. I notice her eyes start to flutter open when the flight attendant comes by serving drinks. Her eyes meet mine and she sets her head up.

"I'm sorry I kind of fell asleep on you."

"I have a really comfy body so its okay."

"Yeah your like a soft teddy bear that I can just cozy up to."

The flight attendant comes by and offers us drinks.

"Diet coke please."

"Coke, please."

She hands us our drinks and gives us some snacks to go along with them.

"Too bad they don't have coke coke if you know what I'm sayin." Cara gives me a sly little wink to signify that she's obviously joking. I laugh at her. 

She takes a book out of her backpack and starts to read it. 

"What are you reading?" 

"The 5th Wave." 

"You know I'm going to be Ben Parish in the movie right? I start filming a little bit after we get home."

"That would be a lot more exciting to me if I finished the book, but I am only on page 5." 

"Well I guess you better get reading." 

..........

I listen to music on my phone and scroll through pictures while I let Cara read. I notice that Cara took my phone and hacked it with selfies of herself. She took a picture of herself at every place we went to on my phone. Even when she's making a silly face in the photo she looks beautiful. I find the silliest one of her and I make it my background on my phone and I show it to her.

"You like?"

"Ew! I looks so ugly! Take it off of your phone!!" 

"No. I am never going to delete this photo." She rolls her eyes. 

The pilot announces that we are preparing for landing. I've never liked the landing part of flying so I grip onto Cara's hand as we land. 

Cara's P.O.V.

Nick grabs my hand tight as we start to land. He's adorable. I wish he could hold my hand all day like this. Once we are landed Nick loosens his grip but still keeps hold of my hand. 

Nick hands me my bags and we walk off the plane. He grabs hold of my hand and we walk side by side in the airport. 

"So whatchya doin there Nicky?" I joke with him looking at our interlocked fingers

"What? Do friends not hold hands like this??"

"Not really. Or at least I have never had a friend who holds my hand as intimately as you."

"I like holding your hands. There so soft and delicate." He takes my hand and starts examining my hand. 

We reach the baggage claim and Nick grabs his bags and he helps me get mine. There happened to be some Melissa and Joey fans at the airport so they recognized Nick and asked him for a picture. I just stood on the side while they took pictures together. After he was done taking pictures we walk out to where the cars are at. 

I see my dad's car pull up and I pull Nick in for a big hug. 

"I'm going to miss you so much Nicky." I try to keep the tears from falling down my face. 

"I'm going to miss you Cara. Your one of my best friends, I love you." 

I pull away. Nick just said 'I love you'. Does he mean that he loves loves me? Does he love me like the way I love him?  

I see Nick trying to cover up what he said not to make it awkward. "I love you like I would love my sister that is."

"Oh than I love you too, Nick." I smile at him trying not show how hurt I am. 

He pulls me close for one last hug. I whisper in his ear telling him to text me and call me and that I'll see him soon. 

I turn and I hop into my dad's car and I wave goodbye to Nick through the window, wiping the tears off my cheeks.