Reunion

Reunion

Inuyasha’s POV

I stared and stared and stared with sadness creeping it’s way into my chest. I felt a sharp piercing feeling go through my heart as I watched Kagome and Jack’s lips meet. I couldn’t remove my eyes from the sight no matter how much I wanted to. She was so happy with him. But I couldn’t help but feel sadness over loosing her before I even had the chance to win her back.

‘Please Kagome. Please don’t choose him.’ My mind was silently begging her. I held my breath waiting for her to open her eyes and see the rejection in them.

She opened her eyes and smiled the brightest smile I’ve ever seen on her since she has been here. I felt my heart sink with disappointment and my body limp from the realization that I could never have her back. I wanted to run, but something kept me planted there. As if I were paralyzed  from a broken heart.

‘You deserve this. Kagome went through this exact moment. Catching you with Kikyo, only what she found was much worse. Now you feel the pain she had when her heart split. You feel every emotion Kagome had that last night you saw her face. You now know how it feels to have your heart destroyed by you true love.’ The thoughts swirled in my head and stabbed against my skull sending a wave of pain towards my heart.

I watched from my own personal bubble of hell as Kagome sighed, closed her eyes, and placed her head gingerly onto Jack’s chest. They didn’t move, dance, speak or, even kiss. They stayed standing holding each other and that hurt even more than the kiss. They were having a love moment.

I felt my throat twist as that fear that has been in the pit of my stomach grew with each second of them together. I haven’t been scared for most of life but coming to find Kagome terrified me. I was fearful that she would have fallen in love with someone. I was fearful she would have forgotten about my completely. As I stared at the scene in front of me I felt the mindful fear become present.

Suddenly Kagome’s eyes snapped open, it looked as if she was a bit annoyed. But at who?? Her eyes focused and they caught my staring eyes.

‘Damn! She knows I’m here! I gotta find the kid and get out of here.’ My mind was in action, but my body was as still as stone. I couldn’t move or break contact from her.

We stared at each other for what seems like centuries, but only mere minutes. She was first to break the contact with a startled gasp, as if realizing she wasn’t imagining things.

That was all it took to break me from the spell of immobilization she had over me. I moved as quickly as possible over to the kid who was coming out of some room marked ‘Men’ and I grabbed him by his hand.

“What’s wrong? Where are we going?” The kid asked, frantically if you ask me. I kept my annoyance shadowed.

“She saw me. We have to go.” I said stopping to look for the way out. It’s like my subconscious brings me to her all the time, because that’s who my eyes found. She looked alarmed and......... frantic, maybe? She was searching around with her eyes and seemed to not hear anything the boy was saying to her.

She stepped out of his embrace, closed her eyes, and took a couple of breaths. Why? Is she upset about seeing me? I couldn’t help the wave of pain that washed over me when I realized she was still angry with me and would never ever forgive me.

‘Not that I blame her.’

I took my gaze away from Kagome so I could get out of here. I didn’t’ want to upset her any further. My eyes landed on the door we used to get into this place and I’m pretty sure it will get us out. I started making my way over to the door as fast as possible before Kagome spotted me again, but a blood curdling scream stopped me dead in my tracks.