Only The Pure Survive

*Inuyasha’s POV*

“NOOOOOOOOO!” I ran over to Kagome’s body and grabbed hold of her.

“Kagome! Please don’t give in! Please don’t! Come back to me!” I shook her harder attempting to get my words through to her. I can’t go on if I lost Kagome. I can’t survive without her at my side. I loved Kikyo but she doesn’t belong in this world any more. Kagome does, with me.

“Kagome. Please fight back! Please!” I pulled her closer to me and watched as Kikyo kicked Kagome over so she rolled on her back. Kagome didn’t make a move to fight back.

“Kagome! FIGHT BACK! Please fight back! You can do it! I know you can! Don’t give up! Don’t give up on us! For me? For us? I..... I love you! Kagome, only You! Please I don’t care! Do what you have to do just please come back to me.” I looked to see if she could hear me but she couldn’t. It was too late. Kikyo hovered above Kagome, said a few words, then plunged the dagger into her heart.

“NOOOOOO!!! KAGOME!”

*Kikyo's POV*

I knelt down by Kagome’s body and looked into her brown eyes. She was barely breathing and she looked at me with, not hate, but something else. I hesitated for only a second but realized that it’s either her or me. I couldn’t have her around Inuyasha ever again. I pushed aside the little remorse I had for her and gave her the coldest stare I could muster.

“He’s mine. He will never love you. I’m doing you a favor.” She gave me a look that said otherwise. Can’t have that now.

With that I sealed her fate with the dagger through her heart.

*Kagome’s POV*

I gave up. I knew it would be easier for the rest of them. Even if I was to fight back Inuyasha would be upset if I killed Kikyo. He would hate me. The little love he had for me would be gone. I don’t think I want to live like that. Kikyo’s right.

I knew I was going to die and I was fine with that. I just wish Inuyasha happiness then. And I wish he and Kikyo get revenge for the shattering of their love by Naraku. But the entire time it’s like I was hearing Inuyasha’s voice in my head. It’s like his arms were wrapped around me but I couldn’t see him with my eyes or hear him with my ears.

“Kagome!”

Inuyasha?

“Kagome. Please fight back! Please!”