Show Down In the Realm Between Life and Death

Recap

“This battle has been long overdue, girl. I will finish you off once and for all with my own hands.”

“Ha! I’d like to see you try!”

That’s when I charged her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Show Down In the Realm Between Life and Death 

*Kagome’s POV*

I stumbled back from a punch intended for my face. Kikyo kept attacking with energy and speed that was beyond the usual for her. It was almost like battling a demon. She came from the left, the right, above and below with a fierceness that I could only defend against and not counter attack. And I was only able to dodge a few. After just a few minutes I was bleeding with scratches and bruises. Kikyo was was still unscathed.

“Kagome. I thought you’d be more of a challenge. I never understood what Inuyasha would do with a weakling like you!” With that Kikyo sent a gray like blast to me that sent me across the cave.

“Kikyo. Stop! We mustn’t fight. We have to work tog-” I was cut off from another blast that I felt more in my stomach. I was knocked breathless.

“We are not equals. I wouldn’t work with you. Ever.” Another blast. I felt my head splitting. Strange.

“I will do anything it takes to bring Inuyasha back to me and to rid this world of you. I gave you the chance to go away when you harmed Inuyasha. You allowed yourself to be possessed by a demon and almost killed him! You don’t deserve him!” She raised her hand and I felt my body being lifted off the ground. Kikyo flexed her fingers and I felt a grip on my throat. I struggled to breathe.

“Kikyo. Are you not possessed?” I struggled to say. Her grip tightened. “Is that not Naraku’s mark on your back?” I felt like my head was about to explode.

“Do not speak of things you know nothing of!” And then I was flying. I felt my back hit a sharp edge of the cave and then I felt my head swim. I wanted to go back to feeling nothing. Seeing nothing. Tasting or smelling nothing. I wanted to be nothing.

Kikyo picked up a knife and began to walk towards me. I dropped my head and prayed it would be quick.

*Inuyasha’s POV*

We came to where we last saw the exit to the cave and just as we suspected there was nothing but wall.

“Windscar!” I aimed for the wall looking for a weakness but nothing happened.

“Wind tunnel!” Miroku tried but all he got were rocks and dirt.

“Damn! Damn it all to hell!” How the hell can we possibly save anyone when we can’t even save our selves?

“Huh? What’s that?” I smelt a presence here that was unfamiliar to me. Not demonic but not exactly human either. There was like a shift in the air and it was unsettling. It reeked of death and life.

“Inuyasha! Look!” Miroku shouted. He was pointing to Kikyo’s and Kagome’s bodies. They were glowing with a bluish light.

“What’s happening?” I didn’t like the looks of the glowing.

“I believe the battle has already started. Look.”

The blue lights glowed brighter and transformed into a scene that broke my heart. Kagome and Kikyo were fighting and from the looks of it Kagome was losing. I watched as Kikyo swaggered to Kagome with a knife in her hands ready to inflict the fatal blow.

“NOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

1) So I found out that the name of this story is actually pretty much a copycat thing from an episode of Inuyasha. “Kohaku’s Decision and Sango’s Heart” watched it last night and loved it although I’m thinking about changing the title.

2) Also I finally started watching Inuyasha The Final Act and let me say I can’t deal with the voice change of Kagome. It’s killing me. It sounds similar yes but it’s not the same. I’m so used to Moneca playing Kagome and they bring this other random chick in. It’s killing me. -____-”

3)Any who. Already started the next chapter so an upload is coming soon. Leave me some feedback if you want something important in here or if you want me to do something or whatever.