{5}

(A/N: just to clear a few things up, Becca's ancestors were really freaking rich. The staff are paid till they die and the house has been in the family ever since one of her ancestors built it. The house would forever be in the family and the bills are prepared for a lifetime)

Becca's POV

I arrived at the manor with Ella and Gabbi. Ronson greeted me at the door and allowed the three of us inside.

"Mistress Rebecca, would you like me to give you and your friends a tour of the mansion?" Ronson asked once we were in the main hall.

"Becca, call me Becca and yes. We would like the tour."

"Well, if would follow me."

Ronson led us to the giant kitchen where Tiffany and Michael were preparing a giant feast plus a wide dessert option.

"This is the kitchen where our chefs Chef Clifford and Chef Garcia prepare our meals."

"They're names are Michael and Tiffany. Tiff, Michael! Come introduce yourselves!" I called.

They stopped their tasks and met Gabbi and Ella.

(A/N: I'm too tired and lazy to write the introductions)

Gabbi seemed to take a liking to Michael. We also visited the great dining hall. A huge light oak wood table stood in the center with a gorgeous red carpet beneath it. The walls towered high and were a deep brown. Kinda like Sam's eyes... The floor was the dark wood seen quite frequently around this house. Then we saw the many bathrooms, my room, the giant library (which I was dying to explore), the guest rooms, the staff quarters, the many living quarters that were different colors, and a padded room that Ronson said had no meaning. It was just sound proof and people might go in there for peace and quiet or to carry out embarrassing deeds.

Gabbi and Ella said they were expected back to their homes soon, so they couldn't join us for supper.

~around midnight~

I had gotten up because I wasn't that tired. It feels weird going to sleep in a new place and I just needed air. I quietly tiptoed around the mansion. I then heard a noise like footsteps. I followed the noise, wondering who else could possibly be up at midnight. I then saw a shadowing figure in the already dark hallway where the soundproof room was. I would recognize that stature anywhere.The broad shoulders really gave it away

Luke opened the soundproof room door and quickly walked in. I followed him and opened the door slightly so I could hear and see what he was doing. Luke stood with a guitar and a pair of headphones. He placed the headphones and sat at a stool that was sitting in front of a microphone that he must've brought in before. He started strumming the guitar and it sounded beautiful. He leaned up to the microphone and started singing. I didn't know what the song was and I think he wrote it himself.

We get so disconnected....

I liked the way his voice rang through the microphone and out of the speakers I also didn't see. How much time does Luke have on his hands? I sat listening still his fingers brushed the last few chords and then I quickly started heading back to my room.

I noticed a tiny glow at the end of the hallway near my room. I walked towards it, curiosity getting the best of me. Suddenly, the glow went out. Just like someone blowing out a candle. I then felt as if someone was standing behind me. I slowly turned around and a candle lit up in front of me, casting a ghostly shadow over Ronson's features.

"Mistress Rebecca, why are you out of bed?" Ronson asked. "A lovely young lady like you must be asleep, resting and regaining her beauty. Not snooping around."

"Well, I'm very, truly sorry, Ronson," I said. "But it is my home and I would like to be more familiar with it. But, may I ask, what are you doing up, Ronson?"

He gave me a slightly creepily crooked smile.

"I was checking the perimeter, making sure everything was shipshape and everyone was safely asleep. Did you spot someone out of bed, Mistress?"

"Um, no. I most certainly didn't. I'm the only one who was awake. But I was headed right back to bed, don't worry, Ronson."

He nodded and I started walking back to my room before Ronson called out.

"I wouldn't be out of bed at this hour again, Mistress, if I were you. I suggest locking your door as well." With that, he turned around and he walked away.

~morning~

Ronson has started to seem a bit...shifty. He makes goosebumps appear on my skin when I see him and when he opens his mouth to speak, I'm terrified he is going to swallow me whole. I decided to have Gabbi and Ella help me with what I was going to wear for Sam and I's date tomorrow, so I invited them over.

Once they got their greedy hands on my wardrobe and walk-in closet, they were like a flock of starving vultures circling a pack of dead animals.

~Friday~

I was wearing a knee-length black dress with silver heels. Ronson answered the door for me as I was still walking down the stairs. Ronson invited Sam in and he looked extremely handsome. He had combed his black hair perfectly, he was wearing a black suit. I grinned at him and he handed me a giant bouquet of different flowers. His eyes grazed all over me and a crooked smile appeared on his face.

"Wow," Sam said, his brown eyes meeting mine. "You look gorgeous."

"And you look handsome," I replied, grinning at him.

"Mistress Rebecca," Ronson started. "Is it alright with you that the staff takes a relaxing break whilst you are out?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely, Ronson. Knock yourselves out."

"Thank you, Mistress Rebecca!"

"Shall we go?" Sam asked once Ronson skipped away.

"I guess so."

"Wait! Becca!" I heard a voice shout before Sam could lead me outside.

I turned around to see Luke running quickly towards me.

"Luke?" I asked.

"Who's Luke?" Sam asked, confused.

"He's my main 'go-to' butler other than Ronson," I clarified. "Luke, what do you want? I'm kinda busy."

"I-who's this?" Luke asked, looking at Sam.

"He's taking me on a date, Luke."

"How is that possible? You just moved in."

"Luke, it's fine, what did you need?" I asked, getting kind of annoyed.

"I-um-I was just wondering what you were doing and if I could get you something, but looks like I don't need to anymore," Luke replied kind of glumly. His voice was lined with something that sounded like disappointment.

"Yeah, sorry. I don't know when I'll be back, though. So, just relax, have fun! Bye!" I quickly walked out the door, dragging Sam by his arm.