{9}

Becca's POV

I woke up at midnight again. I rubbed my eyes and sighed quietly, cursing myself for waking up again. But I was also cursing my mind for concocting the horror ridden nightmare I just had. I got off my bed and practically danced around my room to avoid stepping on the snoring faces of my four friends. Flashes from that nightmare shot out of the blue at me. A face that was vaguely familiar. A bloody knife. Luke screaming. Me screaming. Screams. Blood. Torture. Murder... An image of great great great grandfather Quentin Locke lying next to his butler Ronald Shwartson. I couldn't remember what Ron looked like.

I made my way (downtown) to the hallway and I pretty much hobbled to Luke's room, scared to death by my own mind. On my way there, I spotted Ronson sneaking out of his room. I quickly hid behind a wall and watched as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and started fLOATING?! His whole body was slightly transparent and pale. His whole abdomen area was entirely covered in bloody holes. I then remembered the clipping. It talked about the killing being late that night. The cogs in my head started spinning like mad. I remember what Ronald Shwartson looked like. He looked exactly like Ronson. More spinning from the cogs showed me something. Ronald. Shwartson. Ronson. Ronson was a ghost.

He must've died at midnight. I nearly gasped at the ghastly sight. I turned around and started running for my life back to my room. Once I reached it, I almost slammed the door shut and locked the door. I ran to my bed and hid under the covers. My supposedly 'perfect' mansion is haunted.

~morning~

While everyone was still getting up or receiving/cooking breakfast, I bolted to Luke's room. I knocked on it so many times I thought the door and my knuckle would fall off. Finally, Luke opened the door and let's just say, I may or may not have wanted to tackle him BC DAMN BOY. His hair was all messy and hot, his blue eyes were full of sleep, he was sHiRtLeSs, and he wore some pajama pants. I think my mouth was open so, I closed it and made sure I didn't drool.

"Why were you knocking so hard on my door?" He asked in his tired voice that was hot AF.

"I really need to talk to you," my voice cracking so much because I was so taken with this boy.

"About what?" He questioned, a hint of childish whining in his voice. I took out the newspaper clipping.

"About this. But we have to talk where no one can hear us."

Luke looked around the area before nodding.

"Just let me get some clothes on and-"

"No no no, this is an urgent matter, clothes isn't necessary," I replied quickly. It was only half true...

"Okay, whatever. But we're gonna head to the soundproof room. Let's go."

~short skip to the room ^.^~

Once we got in, we locked the door, and sat down on the floor in a corner.

"So, what about the clipping?" Luke asked.

"Ronald. Did you notice his name has 'Ron' in it? And Shwartson has 'son' in it? Put them together."

Luke looked into my eyes and I could tell he was thinking. His gorgeous blue eyes widened in realization.

"Ronson..." He whispered.

"Yes! And last night, I had woken up at midnight and," everything came back to me. The whole dream. "I saw Ronson legit floating and he had bloody holes in his stomach!"

"Really?" Luke sounded out of breath.

"Yes! And I had a dream about it. Ronson was with Locke. Their words were inaudible, but then Locke got angry. He pulled a knife out and started stabbing Ronson over and over. Once Ronson was dead, Locke started stabbing himself. Locke killed Ronson first."

Luke listened closely, his face contorting in terror.

"So..." Luke croaked out almost in tears. "Ghosts are real?"

"Apparently! Isn't that cool? But kinda scary at the same time?"

"It's not cool or scary! IT'S DOWNRIGHT TERRIFYING!" Luke squealed, a few tears escaping his eyes.

"Luke, why are you crying? Are you okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Oh, of course I'm okay that there is a bloodthirsty ghost living in the house who can kill us in our sleep!" Luke started sobbing. "This is so freaking scary!"

I went to sit by Luke and I wrapped my arms around his bare shoulders, nearly crying myself because Luke was shirtless and I was hugging him.

"Luke it's okay. I'll make sure the mean ghost doesn't kill you," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"This isn't right. I should be the one protecting you from the ghost," Luke pouted.

I looked at him, a playful smirk playing on my lips.

"Why is that?" Luke saw me looking at him and quickly looked back down.

"I'm your main butler guy. And I'm also a boy. The boy has to protect the girl. Always."

"Why can't we change that?" I asked.

Luke shrugged his bare shoulders.

"You know what?" I asked.

"What?"

"Tonight, at midnight, we confront Ronson with the help of the whole staff. Be ready and tell everyone but Ronson of course."

Luke's eyes popped out of his head.

"What?! Are you crazy?!"

"No, I'm Becca and I'm saving our lives."