{15}

Becca's POV

It felt like a bunch of water was spilled on Luke and I. But we were perfectly dry when we were on the other side of the portal.

"Was that water?" Luke asked.

"No, I don't think so, but it sure felt like it."

"Yeah, no kidding," Luke replied, rubbing his arms.

"I'm waiting for you," the voice stated. "Look to your left, that's where you'll find me, I may be ancient but I look young and shiny."

Luke and I turned to our left in unison and spotted a young looking lady. She had jet black (a/n:hEART-sorry) hair and her skin was semi tanned but flawless. She had cheek bones that jutted out perfectly, her lips were stained with red, and she wore a long black dress that had sleeves. She grabbed a dark purple-maroon looking cloak and tied it around her shoulders. (A/N: she reminds me of the mom on Adams Family)

"Hello, Rebecca and Luke," the woman said, her voice echoing all around us.

"H-how do you know us?" I asked, getting a bit tense.

"I know everyone and everything," the woman stated. "I know that the Prime Minister of Canada's daughter was just diagnosed with cancer, a boy named Charles Bronson just died in a drunken car crash, and Princess Kate Middleton just found out she's pregnant again. There is so much activity going on around us and poor, unintelligent humans just don't seem to notice. Isn't that right, Rebecca?"

"Are you calling me unintelligent?" I asked.

"Oh, no no no. I was talking about how others don't pay as much attention to detail like you and I."

"Um, I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Oh, shame," she gave me a pitiful face. "But, it's alright, you'll know soon enough."

Luke and I stared at her. I then recalled the second event she had told before.

"Wait!" I said suddenly.

She glanced at me, her amber eyes glowing.

"You said 'Charles Bronson'. Is that-?"

"The boy who's picked on you since the day you two first met? Yes. He was leaving a party one of your friends threw and he was drunk but drove home anyways. Pity, I guess."

It didn't look like she was bothered by the fact he died. But she sees people die every day. She grinned slightly and started walking past us. She motioned for us to follow her and we did. The place looked like the way I thought Hell would look like. Large, jagged reddish pink rocks sticking out here and there, the ground was a deep black that matched the woman's hair. Pits of lava and fire were scattered around there and it soon became quite hot. Luke and I were wiping off the perspiration from our foreheads when the woman stopped in front of a pair of gigantic marble white doors with human skulls as door handles.

"Um, we never caught your name, Miss," Luke said.

"Call me Jane," the woman replied.

She gripped each skull and twisted them. I wonder how those people died. She pushed with all her might go get the marble doors open and soon, they creaked open to reveal a very big room. It was wider and taller than the Main Hall in Blackwood Manor. The walls looked like one of a chapel and the celling had many paintings that looked like the works done in the Renascence. The floor was a swirling brown, white, and red marble. There was a magnificent looking throne chair at the other end of the room. A long red rug stretched from the entry to the throne. Jane strutted down the carpet, stomping her heels on the ground. Once she reached the throne, she sat on it and crossed her left leg over her right. She motioned for us to go nearer to her. We were going to, but then a force pulled us off our feet and yanked us to Jane.

"You like the ceiling?" Jane asked. "Michelangelo painted it himself before he died. It was a shame because he was quite a handsome man, but not that bright."

"It's beautiful," I complimented.

"Now, wasn't that fun?" She asked in a giddy voice, once we had grown quiet again.

I guess she has no idea what fun is.

"Now, you may take a seat," she gestured to the mid air behind us.

"Um, there's nothing-"

I was cut off by spotting the outline of a couch. I reached out to it and my fingers touch a cool, leathery couch. I grinned to myself and sat down. Luke's eyes widened once he saw me sit down.

"Luke, there's a couch! C'mon," I patted the seat next to me. "Sit down!"

He reluctantly and cautiously sat down on the couch and yelped when his butt hit the couch.

"Luke, calm down!" I shouted.

"I can't! There's an invisible couch, a sorceress lady, and we are in Hell! I can't calm down! I just want my guitar and watch Drake and Josh with you and food!"

"Luke, be nice-"

"No no, it's alright," Jane waved me away. "Luke, listen. Will you calm down if I introduce you to someone?"

"Who is it?"

Jane nodded her head to her left and out came someone Luke and I both were ecstatic to see.

"Mom..." Luke breathed out.

"Luke..." She replied, happiness washing over her face.