Vacation time?!- Part 3

Disclaimer: I do not own Uta no Prince-sama.
.
Beware of feels.
.
To say that Mikaze was angry was an understatement. I still remember how he had turned and walked off, without a word.
No matter what I felt at that point in time, I got to see a new side of the usually adorable and cheerful Sakura, too.
"You little brat!"
Sakura gave a high-pitched screech as she grabbed the young offending boy who pushed me into the pull, tugging at his ears in exasperation.
"Shut up, nee-chan! I said I was sorry!"
...Ah. I see.
So the 'little brat' was Sakura's little brother. How coincidental.
"Say it again, and loudly! You almost killed Yuki!"
Sakura grumbled, pressing her knuckles into the sides of the boy's head.
"I'M SORRY-" Sakura's brother screeched as he continued to suffer Sakura's wrath.
I half-smiled at the amusing sight, however feeling more tired than anything.
My throat was burning and honestly, I could make out the taste of bile. My stomach was threatening to empty its contents and honestly, I'm feeling hurt than Mikaze walked away without a word.
It wasn't my fault that I got pushed into the pool, wasn't it? Why was he so... angry?
To see such a foreign emotion on him was like witnessing the horrid sight of a fire at sea, caused by the wreckage of a ship.
Shaking my clammy hands towards Sakura in a clumsy gesture, I offered her a small, albeit forced smile.
"Hey, Sakura-chan... It's okay. I'm alive, aren't I?"
For a moment, I thought the girl was going to cry, but instead her grip upon her younger brother tightened. I noted her watery eyes and the set of her jaw.
Sakura's brave and determined, and I can only dream of being like her.
Smiling, I turned away and began to walk, my footsteps growing heavy, and the weight of my head along with it.
A few drops of water landed upon my cheeks, signalling the ominous beginning of a storm. I had wandered away from shelter before I knew it.
An image of a blue-haired man flashed across my mind in a bittersweet memory, and I berated myself.
How could I be so calm?
I was hardly an adult, and just a mere half-an-hour ago, I nearly lost my life.
.
"He's as angry as someone like him can get, Yuki."
Syo spoke, his tone very much different to his usual voice as he took a seat next to me. I was currently sitting in a bench near the hotel building, just to relax for a while. I was fully aware that I was sitting in the rain but who cares? I was already drenched, so there wasn't a difference.
As I turned slightly to glance at Syo, I somehow caught a knowing look in his blue eyes.
Mikaze sat in a sheltered pavilion by himself, his cold blue eyes staring blankly. From where he was seated, he would have a good view of the surrounding trees- and also the swimming pool.
There was warmth in my stomach as Syo placed his hand on my shoulder, and I turned around only to catch sight of his signature brilliant smile.
"You really got him worried, Yuki. You should apologise to him about it later."
His words sunk in and my throat felt dry.
I've long since acknowledged my feelings towards the blue-haired man. For starters, we got off from the wrong foot. Nevertheless...
Mikaze has always been there- no matter how distant he was, no matter how many times we argued, he has always been supporting me in his own way.
Somehow along the way, I've grown, I've become more mature and I've developed feelings completely different from my old feelings of infatuation towards the cold senior.
.
You know what, Mikaze-senpai?
-
I think I love you.
.
I shuffled through the hall, half-drenched from the rain.
My hand came up to a halt in front of the polished door of the shared room that Mikaze and I resided in.
When it had began to rain more heavily, he had made his way inside. It might have purely been my imagination, but the way he had moved looked... injured. While he had walked while retaining his perfect poise, I wanted to check on him. There had been a marr in his movements, even if only slightly. It was different to what I was used to.
I still needed to apologise for the trouble I caused him, anyway. He was drenched because of me.
Throat tightening, I brought my knuckle against the door.
My fingers rapped out the rhythm of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" unconsciously, and the sound was soft as my knuckles tapped solidly against the door.
It was a rather childish request for entry, but Mikaze should be more than used to it by now.
However, the fact that there was no reply bothered me.
"I'm coming in."
There was a soft click as the door opened effortlessly and I stepped into the room.
Stepping forward, my eyes scanned over the room, only to be surprised at how empty it was.
An ominous feeling made my tighten my fists before I shook it off.
Maybe Mikaze went somewhere else, and not here.
I stepped towards the bathroom, softly calling out as I did so.
"Mikaze-senpai? Are you here?"
The bathroom door swung open, and my eyes locked with light blue ones.
My eyes widened as I took in his appearance, and my eyes drifted to inside the bathroom.
"Mikaze... you're..."
In the bathroom, I could spot screwdrivers and bolts.
And of course, there was also the significant lack of an arm, in Mikaze's case.
My breath growing shaky, my eyes met with his, and I was desperate for him to tell me bluntly that none of this was true, and that I was just dreaming. My nails dug deep into my skin and pain shot through my arm.
It only confirmed the glaring reality.
Mikaze was a robot, wasn't he?
I tore my gaze away from him and stumbled backwards, turning and running straight out the door.
I liked to tell myself that no, I wasn't running away, and that I just needed time on my own.
However, that itself was a reality- I'm a coward, and this was just another one of the times I was running away.
My head was pounding, not because I was sick, but because of my conflicting emotions threatening to tear me apart anytime. My heart raced, not from excitement or shock, but rather in confusion.
As I ran out into the rain, I felt at peace- like the chaos of the downpour outside resonated to my feelings.
My tears mingled with the rain, and I could feel my hair being drenched to its very tips. My hand stung badly where I had gripped it too hard, and tiny beads of blood had formed, only to be washed away by the rain.
Because when it rains, it pours, and some sorrows cannot be washed away by rain alone.
.