Lesson Time?! Part 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Utapri. I do not own anything except for my OCs and the plot XD

Vote if you want more, and sorry for the late update...

Here's a short update...

~

"Sing."

I realised what he actually wanted me to do. 

Vocal training... Singing the scale was part of warming the voice up. 

Immediately singing out the pitch of that particular note he was playing, I then watched as he proceeded to play a higher note on the piano.

I sang that note with ease. Mikaze kept going up the scale on the piano until there was this one note I couldn't reach. As I tried to sing out the note, my voice cracked unexpectedly.

For a girl, my range was rather small and my voice was slightly on the deeper side, which was strange. However, since the songs that I sang were mostly rock, there was nothing to complain about my voice. However, now that Mikaze was having me sing high notes, my low voice was now at a disadvantage.

I tried to sing out that note again.

Glancing at Mikaze, I clenched my fists as I kept on trying to sing that note. The look on Mikaze's didn't even change at all.

He calmly sang out the note with ease. 

Mikaze did it so easily that I started to feel ashamed of myself. Mikaze's voice was higher than mine, so it was to be expected that he could reach a high note like this one.

"Try again."

Mikaze fixed me with a stare as I swallowed down my uneasiness and tried to reach that note again. This time, I managed to hit the note but my voice immediately cracked again. I could already feel my cheeks alit with utter embarassment...

Mikaze suddenly stepped down from the tier with the piano.

I stiffened as he silently walked behind my, his posture perfect as his expression was the same as ever. I made myself focus as he then started to talk, as if giving a lecture.

My eyes widened as I felt Mikaze nudge my back.

"Stand up straight. "

I jolted upright as my breathing hitched.

Mikaze started to calmly walk in front of me. He stopped, and I blinked as he started to lean in.

His face was close to mine. Way too close.

Mikaze's clear cyan eyes met with mine before his gaze shifted to my feet.

"Feet apart. If you want to sing properly, you need to get the basic posture for singing correct."

I followed his orders and shifted my feet further apart.

Mikaze didn't move from where he was.

"Look straight in front."

I shifted my head to a more level position so that I was looking straight. His face loomed in front of my own, and I forced myself to look him in the eye, lest he accused me of being rude again.

"Take a deep breath. Imagine your voice spiralling upwards."

I calmed myself with a deep breath. My throat felt dry as I thought of that high note in my head.

"Now... Sing."

I opened my mouth. To my surprise, I hit the note and I managed to hold it strong for a few seconds.

Mikaze's expression didn't change, however, there was the tiniest hint of satisfaction on his face.

His eyes locked with mine. It was like he was trying to read my thoughts or somethings... My face was getting redder by the minute at the close proximity. Not to mention, the tension between Mikaze-senpai and I was still thick. The awkwardness was literally hanging in the air and dancing around us.

Luckily Mikaze didn't comment on my red face like he did last time...

Abruptly, he straightened up as he turned straight back to the piano. I inwardly groaned as his hand reached out to play another note, probably even higher than the one before.

He suddenly stopped, and his gaze flickered back to me.

"The lesson is over. According to your schedule, it's your break now."

Mikaze turned and left the room without another word. I looked at the time, and I realised it was exactly 12 noon. It had just turned 12 merely seconds ago.

How could Mikaze now that? He wasn't even wearing a watch... He was just full of mysteries, wasn't he? He just did things so professionally it made me lik- I mean, respect him even more.

I sighed and rubbed my face, hoping that it wasn't red anymore. 

Rubbing my head, I groaned as I started to make my way back to my room. 

It was break-time, according to Mikaze...

And I'm planning to practice throwing my darts. I'm going to put my dartboard to good use.