Lesson Time?! Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Uta no Prince-sama.

~

The dance lesson with STARISH...

Quickly became a 'How to make the Fans go crazy' lesson.

To kick it off, they played a video about Quartet Night dancing to their song, Poison Kiss.

*fangirling in process*

Then, they pointed out some moves that they used.

Syo, Ittoki, Tokiya and Masato were teaching.

Ittoki stepped forward, smiling at us new recruits as he took out a laser-pointer.

He abruptly paused the video at the very front and pointed the laser-pointer at Reiji in the beginning of the video, holding his hat.

"Ne ne, Tokiya, why don't you explain what Rei-chan's doing in this part?"

Tokiya sighed as he took a step forward, casting a glance over towards the video screen.

"As you can see, Reiji hid his face using his fancy hat. This creates a mysterious effect. He then suddenly looks up as he is still holding his hat to create a greater impact on the fans. It is also good to tilt your head a bit so that the audience sees only the side of your face. Syo, if you may."

Syo twitched. However, he lowers down his fedora so that it casted a shadow over his face and he suddenly looks up, smiling, his hands still holding on to the fedora, tilting his face to the side coolly.

It was lucky I was in my 'professional' Mode. If not I would have squealed and glomped Syo... The dance tactic made him even cuter than he already was.

Ittoki played the next part of the video and paused immediately after that.

Pointing the laser-pointer at Ranmaru, I smiled as I noticed that Ranmaru was smiling and made a gesture with his hand that resembled a playful salute.

Masato took over.

"Here... Kurosaki-senpai seems to be saluting to someone in the audience, and take note the slight jerk of his head. Notice how he is smiling. Unless you're performing a sad song, in which I advise you to sing with a sad smile, smiling is always something for you to do on stage, and Kurosaki-senpai isn't an exception. "

I blinked. Ranmaru sure was a tsundere... But it was nice to see him smile like this, even if it was just in video...

(Even if his smile resembled more of a smirk)

Syo then borrowed the laser pointer.

"Not really. Ai isn't smiling but he has a blank expression. It suits his personality, I guess ?"

Actually, never mind. I'm quite confused now.

Syo pounted the laser pointer at Ai's face. I laughed as Syo started to circle my senpai's face with the red laser pointer.

There was a creak at the door.

"STARISH. I thought this was a dance lesson."

A cold voice suddenly spoke. Syo wheered around with the laser pointer, which was still on.

The tiny red light was now shining in the middle of the real Ai's forehead. My eyes widened and I gulped.

Mikaze did not look amused at all.

His cyan eyes glanced around the room. His gaze met with mine as he then turned to look at the visualiser, where the paused image of his face was still there.

Syo looked at his former senpai in a mixture of horror and terror. In a panic, he switched off the laser pointer and handed it back to Ittoki.

"STARISH. As your senior, I expect you to be more serious in your job. I'm disappointed."

His tone was cold and he was obviously very pissed off. However , STARISH had done nothing wrong. They were simply using Quartet Night as an example because they respected them...

Mikaze was so strict...

The various members of STARISH looked down in shame. Syo looked indignantly at Ai. He looked like he wanted to say something but he was silenced by the look Mikaze was giving them.

I sighed. Senpai must have gotten the wrong impression of what STARISH were doing.

I was going to make Mikaze mad at me again, but it just wasn't fair that STARISH weren't even given the chance to explain to Mikaze about what they were doing...

"Senpai."

I took a deep breath as I stood up. I forced myself to look him straight in the eye as I spoke, refusing to back down.

"STARISH are very serious in their jobs. They were simply using Quartet Night's dance for Poison Kiss as an example for us newbies to learn from them. Please do not jump to conclusions, Senpai. They weren't doing anything wrong, y'know..."

Mikaze looked towards me, his eyes narrowing slightly as he glared/stared at me. I couldn't even tell if he was annoyed or angry or just plain surprised. His expression was the type that was unreadable.

He casted a glance towards the other newbies, as if to affirm what I said.

He then turned back to me.

"Yuki."

I gulped. Inside me, a chibi version of myself was running around panicking.

"Follow me. It is time for your singing lesson."

I glanced at my watch and realized he was right, as always. It was already 11... Dance class was over.

Sighing, I nodded at STARISH and the other fellow noobies in farewell. Gulping, my gaze met with Syo's and I mimed dying, slicing my finger over my throat dramatically.

"Yuki. "

My breathe hitched.

I jumped and turned back to look at Mikaze, who was still walking on and had not even turned around. Did he have to always say my name like that?

"If we do not finish the lesson on time, do note you are the one who will bear the consequences."

That immediately spurred me to start walking faster as I waved at the rest, preparing for my imminent doom.

As soon as we reach the piano room, Mikaze sits on the piano and sharply turns to me, his cyan eyes cold and unyielding.

Yikes.

In spite of Mikaze's cold glare, I could already feel my cheeks turning pink.

Mikaze's face was emotionless and blank. His posture was perfect and I sighed at that observation. Now that I was an idol, I really needed to work on my ladylike-ness and etiquette... Minus my long hair, I bet I was more like a guy sometimes. I'm so ashamed of myself now... (O_O)

Suddenly, Mikaze gently pressed a note on the piano. It's a middle C, I think?

The note cut through the silence and the sound echoed throughout the room.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. What was he planning to do?

My eyes widened as his gaze shifted from the piano and to me. He played the note again and nodded at me, his expression not changing. Not one bit.

"Sing."

~