Hit the Mark (An Ai Mikaze fanfic)

Disclaimer: I do not own Uta no Prince-sama. I do not own the lyrics of the song Poison Kiss. Basically I don't own anything except my OCs.

~

My name is Yuki Shinozaki.

As far as I can remember, I've always loved music, and that was the reason I wanted to be an idol. The graduation audition was in 2 weeks, and honestly, I really should be studying now, if not practising my graduation song.

However, my graduation partner, Sakura Suzuki had insisted that I take a break. She was one of the most talented composers I had ever met- she was also my best friend and roommate. I inwardly sighed, but I had to go. It was impossible, I repeat, impossible to say no to Sakura. Her puppy dog eyes never fail to melt me.

So, now, instead of practising my song, I was standing at the front of the crowd, with Sakura beside me happily humming away. The lights dimmed dramatically and the crowd screamed crazily as 4 idols stpped onto the stage. In stark contrast, I stood there, feeling slightly lost.

Um... Let's see...

Ah. That's it. Sakura had always been a great fan of Quartet Night. I've heard of them, but I've never really heard any of their songs before.

"Hello everybody! As you all know, I'm Reiji Kotobuki!"

A guy with brown hair said cheerfully, winking at the crowd. His eyes were grey but warm, as much as I can tell from where I was standing. In spite of myself, a small blush dusted my cheeks as the crowd became even crazier.

Reiji passed the microphone to a silver-haired guy beside him. His eyes were purple and greyish.

"I'm sure you all know who we are. I'm Ranmaru Kurosaki."

He said coolly, his face showing little emotion whatsoever.

The fangirls screamed at how cool he was.

He carelessly handed the microphone to a man with long blondish hair beside him. His eyes were an icy blue. He shot Ranmaru an irritated glance at the way he gave him the microphone.

Offering a smile to the fangirls, he held up the microphone to his mouth and spoke, with a small smile.

"Greetings. I'm Camus, and I'm glad to be here."

To a person who wasn't a Quartet Night fan, I found that the irritated glance he gave Ranmaru didn't really match his gentlemanly demeanor. I don't know...

Camus then gave the microphone to a guy standing next to him. He had cyan-coloured hair. Part of it was tied up. His eyes were also a beautiful cyan colour. He looked... well, flawless.

It wasn't just his perfect appearance that intrigued me... There was something about the way he carried himself, and how his face looked strangely blank that caught my attention. 

He held the microphone to in front of his mouth, his posture perfect.

"Ai Mikaze."

His voice was higher-pitched than the rest. His response was slightly colder than the other member's of Quartet Night. However, that didn't stop the fangirls from screaming their throats out.

Mikaze blinked. It was then where the members of Quartet Night all took microphones from the backstage crew.

It was then that music started to be played. It had a catchy beat to it, and I smiled as the performance begun. Throughout the whole performance, I found that I was only focusing on Mikaze.

 Give in to temptation

 My promise to you

 I’ll rock you hard

 With my deep emotion

 Listen to my voice…

 Let your hair fly…

 Ah… Lesson of the night

 Slowly, slowly

 Gently, your left hand

 Entwined with my right,

 Searching for

 Love’s destination

 Now, pretend you can’t see the clock

 Come just as you are

 Try putting your ear against my chest

 The distance between you and my heartbeats

  Feeling, feeling, feeling… Ah…

 I want to be driven insane with the love of a poison kiss 

 Rocking hard, rocking hard

 A bewitching poison kiss

 More and more…and

 An eternal poison kiss

 Ah… As my heart is, 

 I’ll give you a poison kiss

 Feel this love!

 Burn with this love!

 Believe this love!

 Love is all! QUARTET NIGHT!

By then, I had already stopped listening. Their voices were simply beautiful. They sang the song with so much emotion that a sort of adrenaline was pumping through me. Their voices blended together and created wonderful music.

The singer that caught my attention the most, was Mikaze. His voice, although high-pitched, worked out with the voices of Reiji, Ranmaru and Camus perfectly, and his voice was so beautiful... It really made me happy, just listening to them sing.

I knew the song ended the moment the fangirls erupted in screams and cheers, with the exception of me and Sakura. I was just standing there, dazed and Sakura was fangirling so much that she couldn't cheer. 

Besides, the graduation audition was in 2 weeks. What if I screamed now, and then lost my voice? That would be an absolute nightmare!

The 4 idols had already turned to leave, however, Mikaze casted a glance back at the audience, as though wondering why they were making such a commotion.

In a split second, his cyan-coloured eyes met mine before he blinked, turning away and following the rest of Quartet Night to the backstage.

Dang it. I can feel my face turning red. Quickly turning away, I hope Sakura didn't see my face... She would never stop teasing me if she knew why I was blushing.

I sighed as I closed my eyes, only to have that blue-haired idol popped up in my mind again.

The awesome tune of 'Poison Kiss' was still ringing in my ears and bouncing around in my mind.

I resisted the powerful urge to start squealing. When I get back to school, I'm going to download all of their songs and listen to them forever.

It was official.

I was now a fangirl of Quartet Night.