contrast common rooms

Ginny
With every step her senseless legs took, Ginny noticed that the sky commenced to become a darker shade of purple, still starstruck she had finally made her way up to the great hall.

She opened the gigantic doors that lead to the room slowly peeking her head out of them as if trying not to attract any attention towards herself.

Ginny was nothing but surprised to come to notice that the hall was empty with only house elves running around whilst snapping their fingers to dispose remains of the food left from the student's golden platters to accompany the big room.

She sighed disappointedly at the very sound of her stomach beginning to growl. After feeling guilty that she was to blame to miss her dinner...and not to mention her friends...

"Oh dear." Ginny muttered quietly as she remembered how her friends would question her in the morning of her whereabouts.

She was on her way to the common room, exhausted from the train ride, the sleepless night previous to that, and not to mention chasing Draco around the forbidden forest she was acceptably too tired to think. "Fortunaaa Major" she said mid yawn at the fat lady in the painting who matter-of-factly, ignored Ginny's request to enter the common room.

"Wait! Wait! Listen to this my dear girl!" Sang the fat lady at ear piercing tones.

"FORTUNA MAJOR!" Shouted Ginny, this time with annoyance in her tone.

"Alright! Fine!" At that, the fat lady rolled her eyes in surrender and let Ginny walk in the portrait hole leaving behind a very wide woman muttering something about the students getting more and more impolite as the years' passing.

Ginny was then welcomed by the dim red lighting, felt delighted to smell the familiar scent of cinnamon, and the satisfying warmth pouring out in her direction coming from the fire place in the corner of the capacity.  She looked around the scarlet red room that surrounded her with fond eyes.

As she always felt safe in the gryffindor common room, it almost felt like a second home to her after all it had severed her as shelter for the last three years of her life.

She glanced around the space once again and felt a sigh of relieve when she noticed it was empty Ginny was most certainly not in the right mood to speak to anyone. She then made her way to one of the extensive bright red arm chair that matched perfectly with the rest of the spacious room and sunk down onto it, and curled up in a ball. Soon enough she fell into a delicious doze where in her dreams she hoped to find the sight of those grey mystifying eyes.

Draco
Draco was halfway down the dungeons. Body numb. He could feel sweat had taken over the button up shirt on his back, filled with paranoia he glanced side to side and kept making sure that no one had caught sight of him looking so suspicious after a while of hugging himself nervously as he walked he was showered with the feeling of safety once he quickly slithered in through his own portrait hole and felt a bit more relaxed when he found his way through the welcoming deep green lighting that the slytherin common room shedded off the dim walls.

At the sight of a nearby, royal green armchair he instantly sat down ripping his school robes violently off himself and throwing them resentfully on the ground. Draco closed his eyes tightly, there were so many things running through his cluttered brain. He couldn't possibly think straight not when he felt like he couldn't breathe properly once again Draco felt the atmosphere around him closing in but this time it wasn't in an enlightening matter in any way his head ached...

  He was sure it was going to explode. At that, he unbuttoned the top buttons of his damp white shirt with trembling fingers and put his head in his hands

"What in the hell am I to do now?" He whispered to himself laying back on the soft cushioning of the arm chair.

"You are to do nothing else love, leave it all to me." Replied a snake like voice coming right from his left ear as two disturbingly thin arms wrapped around his chest from behind.

A sinister set of prolonged, red finger nails grasping down and managing to undo the rest of shirt buttons.

"I'm not in the mood" implied Draco seriously.

"Oh come on it'll be quick." The voice said in a shrilled tone of seduction.

Draco stood up losing his patience to look at the figure standing behind him, his shirt now opened to expose his stomach and hanging flatly by his shoulders.

"I said no!" Draco hissed through gritted teeth and pointing his wand dangerously at the pug faced girl's neck.

"What's got you in such a bloody mood?!?

And how...dare you point your wand at me you useless git?!" Shrieked the girl also known as Pansy Parkinson, she flung her hand down upon the wand pointed at her neck, sprinted over to Draco with ease and--

"SLAP!"

A strike so harsh that it turned his head all the way to the left and made him drop his wand. "That, will teach you to never shout at me again you blithering rat!" Stomped away the angered voice belonging to the dog like girl that he had been snogging since the middle of his fourth year.

Draco did not dare to turn his face until he was sure she was gone, the right side of his face felt as if it was being impaled with a thousand needles when he reached up to touch the massive red mark she had left him, it burned like hell. He suddenly felt tears overwhelm his eyes; for he had not felt real physical pain in so long, now that he had at last it somehow served him as a reminder that he was still briefly but surely alive.

Even though nobody was around he still felt he couldn't afford being seen in this state he picked up his damp robes and scurried up to his dormitory bathroom.

He felt a wave of serenity when he sat in the cold water and crept up on his back it automatically felt as a lift was weighed from off of his shoulders, unfortunately he knew this feeling was to be only temporary his mind was awfully far too taken by the offer that his father had proposed to him earlier that very summer.

Draco, to his absolute dismay, was to meet his father, Lucius Malfoy's wishes. Otherwise infamously known for his loyalty to Lord Voldemort's wrecked actions involving dark magic. Draco Malfoy was being obligated and expected to follow in his father's footsteps and become a death eater.

He grimaced at recalling possibly, the most pressuring preposition of his lifetime. By this time Draco was now out of his bath and sleepily got dressed in his sleeping robes (not surprisingly) made of silk.

Soon enough he was off to his dormitory whom he shared with Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle and another incredibly stupid slytherin boy. He crawled into his four poster bed, drew the curtains around it and lay awake trying to calm his speeding mind. Draco then shut his eyes peacefully for the first time in a long time floating into a bottomless slumber where he too, yearned to encounter those bright blue, law-abiding eyes once again.

✧✧✧

[edited]