the thought out mistake

Fan art credits to the lovely @atalienart on tumblr. Please check her out, her work is so beautiful.

✧✧✧

Draco
He had never taken notice of how incredibly daft the slytherin common room really was until that very moment. Draco had been waiting for hours for her promised writing to him.

She'll write.

He thought to himself anxiously, tapping his fingers along the deep green leather chair that sat next to the chamber's grand fire place and allowing the heat of it to warm his anticipation.

Maybe she had forgotten about it throughout dinner. He thought to himself.

She did sound very sure of it when she promised to him though.

His conscience said pushing him to annoyance; he hated overthinking about these kind of things yet that's all he found himself doing especially when it came to her. Ginny. It seemed like ever since they had become friends, Draco had become more cautious of keeping her close to him than anyone else he had ever met.

At this point, there was no denying that some where inside of him he craved her as much as he tried to tell himself otherwise, Draco could not shake her scent off of him.

Her lavender perfume swirling around his head poising his thoughts in the most delicious way.

Her eyes and the way the gleamed with passion whenever she spoke to him about quidditch, he thought of her full lips and how pleasing the little freckles that were sprinkled across them seemed to him.

He could not shake the fact that he indeed wanted to kiss those lips. To completely lose himself in them, and throw himself on her.

She was bound to be the woman every man wanted.

Ginny.

Draco suddenly felt delighted again thinking about the time he had with her earlier today, and allowed the memories to wash out all of the worry he was feeling until he had re lived every single moment. He had spoke too soon.

For the worry was beginning to bite at him again.

He stood up with a quick stomp of his feet that startled some slytherin students across the room whom were playing chess on a wooden table and began to pace back and forth next to the fire place. Hands tied together behind his back, watching the flickering flames lick themselves vastly.

Time seemed to tick by around him slowly, little by little all of the students that were scattered in the common room started to make their ways back to their dormitories. Draco finally looked down at his watch, 5 minutes to 12.

She won't write. His conscience whispered hopelessly.

He stopped in front of the fire and ran hands through his hair as if waiting for something to occur and like the universe had heard his thoughts, the common room portrait sung open with a loud creak echoing through the whole room.

"You're as good as the bloody barron...always disappearing out of nowhere, like a ghost." A dreaded familiar voice called.

"Not now, Pansy. Please." Draco said firmly, rubbing his temples.

"What's the matter my dear? Trying to fight the love coming in your daddy's letters?" The girl's words dragging on like a snake.

Draco's head snapped so hard in the direction her high pitched voice was trailing from only to find that she was standing disturbingly close to him now. "How the hell do you know about the letters my father's been sending me." He growled at her, baring his teeth. It seemed like talking to her was useless, for all she did was laugh and titter at his lingering question, in a vile and wicked way that made Draco's gaze turn from her.