the proposal

Draco
Finally reaching his common room down by the dungeon he still couldn't bring himself to believe that he had actually shut Ginny out the way he did, he tried his best to not think about it.

"Pureblood" He muttered to the portrait standing before him.

The older man in the painting wore a  impeccable pin striped suit sat in a dark green suede chair, he effortlessly looked up at Draco from his book with a scowl on his face and with a wave of his hand the portrait swung open only to reveal the dim lit Slytherin common room.

He walked in vastly, his robes waving swiftly behind him. He hoped to every inch of himself that Pansy wasn't still up wondering about, especially since it was already quite late, his eyes searched the room for a presence but none was found; he sighed with relief.

Draco squinted through the darkness that the staircase that led to his dormitory.

"Lumos"  A bright light casting through the tip of his wand.

When he reached his dormitory he then knew it was his own for sure due to the heavy snoring that came from Crabbe & Goyle surely nothing could of awoken them. Draco chuckled at them and how much they resembled trolls.

He walked on and and felt himself lose balance of his own weight as he tumbled to the ground, his face hitting the ice cold floor. He had tripped on one of Crabbe's stupid shoes that were ironically almost the size of his head.

Suddenly he jumped from fright for Goyle had in that moment let out a humongous snore that lead Draco to nearly wetting himself.

He turned his head quickly realizing it was only his roommate he rolled his eyes and proceeded to peel himself off the ground. "Ouch" He mouthed to himself, stroking his face.

He was startled yet again, this time by a un-humanly noise, a coo almost. Draco looked around with darting eyes for it was completely dark in his room and had misplaced his wand due to his fall. He sped walk quickly to the bathroom and flicked on the light only to reveal a pair of bright yellow eyes, staring right at Draco.

There it was. That spine chilling coo once again.

Draco instantly turned to the thought of his dorm mates playing a trick on him. "Goyle? Crabbe?" He called hesitantly. "You know i'll have your heads for this you little grindylows!" Draco threatened moving away from the bathroom's door. Still no movement. The piercing yellow eyes, gone.

  There was a short silence that filled the air in which made him think that it really was just them, until sounds of limbs shifting against sheets told him otherwise, almost too quickly loud snores began to fulfill the atmosphere again. Draco was starting to feel nervously perplexed, he shook his head, decided to ignore everything and get ready for bed.

Blindly making his way through the dark room and to the safety of the faintly lit bathroom, he reached his arm out for the door when Draco felt as if his soul was to leave his body.

Two sets of sharpened claws dug into Draco's forearm, struggling to find balance in the lighting the pitch black room had to offer, a flapping of wings blowing at Draco's face. It was awfully too late for him to realize what the thing that had latched on to him was for he had let out the loudest of yelps that could wake up even the upstairs sleeping portraits.

Draco found himself on the floor again this time fighting to get off of it and run away from the creature. Two other deeper screams followed Draco's as Goyle, with a flick of of his wand turned on the dormitory light on to expose the scene.