Chapter 6

"No one you should need to be curious of, Miss Winters," Snape replied, almost aggressively.

"What about Ron Weasley? Should he be curious?" I asked.

"No."

I shut up after that. It was clear that Snape didn't want to speak to me, whether it was about this Half-Blood Prince or not.

The only thing Snape said for the rest of the journey was "Acid Pops" and I knew he wouldn't have if he wasn't walking way ahead of me.

"Hello, Miss Winters," Dumbledore said as I entered his office.

"Hello," I replied, "Professor Snape said you needed to speak to me?"

I looked towards Snape's direction. Why was he still there?

"It has come to our attention that You-Know-Who may become interested in you, now that you are a part of the Slytherin house."

I nodded, "How can I protect myself? I don't want to be involved."

"There is more to you than just being a Slytherin, Miss Winters," Snape intersected.

I frowned at him, confused. I turned to the Hogwarts headmaster again, "Why? Is there something wrong with me?"

"You are particularly talented in nonverbal magic, or so I have heard from Professor Snape. Tell me, have you ever attempted wandless magic?" Dumbledore asked.

"Um, no," I replied.

"Try it," Snape hissed.

I stuttered, "W-what? On who?"

"On me, of course," Snape told me, dragging out his syllables like he always did.

"What? You're a Professor-"

"Given the circumstances that you have not practiced before, Miss Winters, it is likely that you will not do much damage," Professor Dumbledore said, pointing a hand towards Snape, "Go ahead."

I focused on Snape, looking right into his dark eyes. They were unusual and almost put me into some sort of trance.

"Are you even trying? You insufferable-"

"Severus," Dumbledore warned, then turned to me, "Carry on."

"Try 'sectumsepra', Miss Winters."

"Severus-"

"Just let her try it," Snape pleaded.

I nodded. I pulled a hand out, without my wand, and focused on Snape again. To push myself a little further, I coupled it with nonverbal magic.

I closed my eyes, and instantly thought 'sectumsepra' as I opened them. Nothing happened the first time.

I tried again, and a small cut found itself on Snape's cheek.

"I-I'm sorry-"

"That's perfect, Miss Winters," Dumbledore cut me off.

Snape huffed in agreement, so I figured that was what the spell was used for. He healed his cheek with wand, pushing it into the cut and whispering another spell I didn't recognise.

"Well done, Miss Winters."

I smiled at Snape, but he looked back towards the headmaster.

"I wish for you to attend private lessons with Professor Snape. These will be in your free periods, whenever you can," Dumbledore said.

I went to ask him about how I could prevent people from reading my mind, but stopped myself when I realised Snape was still there.

One thing at a time, I reminded myself.

"Okay, Professor. Thank you," I said, before heading out after Professor Snape.