Chapter 33

I stood at the train station, waiting for somebody - anybody - I knew to get off the train. I didn't really have friends other than Draco, so a few people I used to share classes with just stared at me blankly. Some whispered, some clearly judged. I didn't care.

Draco rushed past me, giving me a curt smile. I was unsure of why his greeting was so brief until I saw the man a few steps behind him.

He was the same as always. His coal eyes were searching for someone and his ink black cloak fell elegantly around his body as he whisked his head around the station. Seeing me, he began to make his way out of the station.

I followed.

It didn't take long to reach Severus' destination. We swerved around to get to the back of the train station.

As soon as he noticed that it was empty, Severus grasped my arms and pushed me against the dusty brick wall. His soft, eager lips met mine in an instant and they moved together with mine like we were composing music.

It lasted a few seconds before Severus pulled away and leant his forehead against mine, his breath tickling my mouth and cheeks.

"You're here," I said breathlessly.

He just nodded. His warm hand slid down from its grip on my arm and met my own, interlocking our fingers. We stayed there for a few seconds before stepping away from the wall and apparating back to Spinner's End.

We entered the house swiftly, Severus' hand still in mine. He rushed to sit on his bed and I sat next to him.

"I've missed you so much," I commented as I swivelled to face him. He did the same.

"As have I," Severus said as he planted a kiss on my forehead, making my cheeks flush a gentle pink.

"How long are you back for?" I asked.

Severus smiled sadly, "Just one week."

I repeated his facial expression but nodded anyway, "It's better than seeing you on parchment."

He agreed with a mumble and our eyes met again. Leaning closer, he took my lips with his own again. He pulled away in a few seconds.

"Conditions in Hogwarts are... awful," he informed me, "I would send you back but it's too dangerous."

"The Carrows are that bad?" I questioned curiously.

Severus nodded. He pursed his lips before looking at me again.

"I have a feeling the Dark Lord wants something from me," Severus almost whispered, "I want you to know that I love you no matter what happens, Verita."

I gave Severus a hard glare, "Why are you talking like that? If he wants something, give it to him!"

"I'm afraid I don't think it's that easy," Severus told me in the quietest voice I think anyone could muster. He repeated, "I love you."

"I love you too, Severus," I replied softly, kissing his cheek.