My new friend

Standing before me is the most attractive guy I have ever seen. I was right, Alex has blonde hair, but it's more of a caramel color, not dirty blonde and is in need of a trim. He has long, dark lashes that perfectly frame his dark blue eyes and his skin is plesantly tanned. He is wearing a bright green sports t-shirt and black running shorts.

Realizing that I'm staring, I start to blush and look back up at his face, only to discover that he was looking at me with the same scrutiny, which, of course, makes me blush even more. I probably look like an ugly tomato, with my hair up in a messy ponytail and my clothes all wrinkled. At least I remembered to put concealer on my black eye that I got from my dad last week, but I wasn't wearing any other makeup.

"Um, I'm sorry for interrupting your run," I say, hoping he'll stop staring at me if I catch his attention.

"Anything to save a beautiful damsel in distress," he says, a smirk playing on his lips. Wait, what?! Did he just call me beautiful?! "I meant to ask, are you okay?"

"What?"

"Are you okay? Nothing is broken, right?" he says slowly, to make sure I understand. Oh.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, but I-I think I'm going to go back to my house," I stutter.

"You just moved in, right?"

How did he know that? "Yeah, I moved into the house at the end the street a couple days ago?" I say, but it comes out as more of a question.

"Cool! We're next door neighbors, then. I'll walk you home, if you want. I' done with my run, too."

"Okay." Is it possible that I just made a new friend?

"So, Spencer, how old are you?"

"I'm Sixteen. And you?"

"Same. Does that mean you're going into junior year?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing you are too?"

"You guessed correctly. Are you going to Ravenel High this year?"

"Yep. You?"

"Uhuh," he says, his eyes brightening at his words, as if he's excited to be going there. I thought I was the only one who liked school? Well, guess I can't say I liked school, it was just better than being at home. Most of the time. I'm jolted out of my thoughts when he speaks again. "So, what's your favorite color?"

"Um, uh, aqua blue?" I reply, caught off guard by such a random question and by the fact that I was lost in thought until he asked that.

"Not a bad choice," he says, shrugging, "but neon green is better."

I look at him incredulously. "See, I know you didn't just say that, because you seem like a sane person and any sane person knows that blue is way better than green."

He laughs at this. "Oh, really? Well, I guess you better call the crazy police because green is one-thousand times better than blue," he says, his blue eyes twinkling.

"Whatever," I say, shaking my head, though I still smile.
We went on talking about each other for the next half hour, until we reached an the back of his house.

"So, I'll see you later," he says, sounding a little sad.

"Um, if you want, I have a pool in my back yard. We could go swimming," I say, scratching the back of my head. I think he wants keep hanging out, but I'm still nervous.

"Okay, sure. Let me go grab my suit."

"Meet me by my pool in twenty minutes."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry this chapter is so short! It's really just a filler chapter. Thanks for reading my story! I really hope you're enjoying it!!! Let me know what you think in the comments because I love hearing your opinion!

Now, I'm off to write the next chapter!