Expecto Patronum doesn't work on trolls

"Ugh, I'm so glad it's Friday," I say, flopping down into my seat at the lunch table.

"I know, this week has been the longest week I've ever had," exclaims Sebastian. "School weeks didn't seem to take this long at the Academy!"

"What's the Academy?" I ask.

"The private school we went to before here," Alex informs me, shooting what I think is a glare at Sebastian. That's weird, why would he glare at him?

"Hey Spencer," Jill says as she sits down next to me. "Trixie and I are having a sleep over tonight at my house. Would you like to come?"

"I would love to come! I'll just have to ask my mom."

"Will we be invited to this sleep over?" Josh jokingly asks.

"Nope! Girls only," Jill responds.

"Hey guys!" Alex exclaims, smirking. "I just got the best idea. I should have a sleep over, too!"
Jill narrows her eyes at him. "You wouldn't dare."

"Sorry sis, but it's happening."

"What's happening?" Wes asks, sitting down with Ethan following close behind.

As Jill and Trixie explain what's going on to their boyfriends, I turn my attention to the guys. "I have to go to the little girl's room. I'll be right back," I say, standing up.

"We'll go with you," Nick says, also standing up. The other guys start to stand up too, but I stop them.

"Guys, it's okay, I'll be fine. I can go to the bathroom by myself."

"But Spenny, you can't!" Sebastian exclaims dramatically. "Hermione went to the bathroom alone and got attacked by a troll, Ginny got abducted, Katie got cursed, and Myrtle died! For all we know, a dementor could be waiting just around the corner to steal your soul."

"Don't worry, my Patronus is a Phoenix, I think I'll be fine," I say, chuckling. The other guys are giving us looks, so I explain. "Harry Potter." Understanding blooms on most of their faces, but Christian still looks confused. "I'll be right back." With that, I walk off.

There's a long line for the bathroom next to the cafeteria, and I don't like waiting in line, so I head for the bathroom on the second floor. After doing my business, I pause to admire the chandelier hanging from the ceiling near the second floor balcony. Yes, that's right, I said chandelier! For a public school, it seems pretty rich and the people seem pretty snobby.

As I admire the way the crystal twinkles reflecting off of the lights, I hear footsteps coming down the hall behind me. Dismissing it as just someone walking to the bathroom floor or to a classroom, I don't turn around. Not until a gruff voice says "yo, bitch" do I turn to see who's behind me. Turns out there's more than one person behind me, I count fifteen big guys in all, and they're all staring at me. Wondering if I should get my hearing checked since I failed to notice that there was more than one set of footsteps, I answer.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask sweetly, figuring that if I'm nice, I might be able to get them to leave me alone. It never worked on the bullies at my old school, but maybe the South Carolinian bullies will be different.

"Yeah, actually I think you can. I heard you were giving my girlfriend a hard time the other day and I thought I would teach you a lesson," the tallest and most muscled guy says, stepping closer.

What is he talking about? I haven't been mean to anyone since I got here. Well, there was Violet, but she started it. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have a boyfriend by what she said."Look, I don't know what you're talking about. I think you've got the wrong girl."