Preparing for war

My excitement of having a new friend carried me throughout my whole day. After lunch, I changed into a black bikini and went out to suntan for a little while. Snagging my Ipod from my room, I put it on shuffle and the Glee version of Smooth criminal by Michael Jackson comes on. I rub some suntan lotion on my pale skin, not wanting to stand out just because I'm from Washington, but not wanting to get fried.

I lay down on a beach chair and relax, enjoying the feel of nice South Carolina sun. We don't get that much sun in Washington, so I was going to take advantage of my free time.

After a couple hours of tanning, I was a shade darker and very sweaty, so I went inside to take a shower.

I check on my mom, and once again, she is asleep. She looks so innocent, even though I know that a little while ago, she was probably planning my and Alex's wedding.

When I get in the shower, the hot water feels so good that, once I'm done washing myself, I plug up the tub and let myself soak in the hot water until my skin starts to get all pruny. Once that happens, I reluctantly drag myself out of the tub and dry off. I change into a black t-shirt and some yoga pants, and decide to do my hair.

I go back into the bathroom and pull my hairdryer out of one of the drawers. I then put cream that is supposed to make my hair shiny in my long, brown locks, rubbing it in while giving my scalp a miny massage. After that, I blow dry my hair straight. Once I'm satisfied with my hair, I go back out into my room to get ready for tomorrow.

I love the first day of school. It's like a clean slate. I love the feeling of not knowing who is going to be in your class and what it's going to be like. Most of the time, I like being in control, but when it's something like who is in your class, not having control is refreshing.

I grab my new floral print backpack and start to load the books, journals, and other school related stuff into it. I absolutely love organizing things, as I have OCD, so doing this is like opening presents on Christmas day. (No offense to anyone who has OCD, I have a mild case of OCD, so I'm using my symptoms.)

At around seven thirty, I go downstairs to have dinner. After dinner, I come back up to my room and set my alarm for five forty-five. I then fall asleep, after brushing my teeth, of course.

********************************

As the opening chords of Dear John start to play, I slap my phone, turning off the alarm, and begrudgingly drag myself out of the comfort of my cozy bed. I slip on some shorts and a sports bra and go out to do my morning run. I make my run a short one and get back by six thirty. My run is pretty uneventful, seeing as I don't run into Alex or any other inhabitants of Kelsey's Mill road.

When I get back, I quickly take a shower, making sure to shave, and blow dry my hair. After that, I come out into my room and check the time. It's seven fifteen. School starts at eight twenty, so, as long as I hurry, I should have time to spare. Now for my outfit. I decide on a creme colored lacy skirt and a loose black tanktop with my black converse. I slip it on and run downstairs to eat breakfast.

I grab a bowl of lucky charms and sit down at the counter to eat. I was never really a 'sit at the table and be proper' person. I wolf down the sugary cereal, hurrying so I can have time to set up my locker with it's army of magnets before class starts.

When I finish I put my bowl in the sink, planning on cleaning it up after school, and check on my mom, finding she is still asleep. I give her a quick peck on the cheek and head out the door, grabbing the keys to my bike on the way.

I hop on my white Suzuki motorcycle, which I named Snowbelle, and put on my aqua blue helmet, taking extra care to not mess up my hair. I know what you're thinking, "A girly girl like me driving a motorcycle? Seems absurd!" But, when we went to the car dealership on my sixteenth birthday, I fell in love with her. I was supposed to get a car, but my dad, who didn't give a flaming crap for my safety, said it was okay. I knew that I would be careful with her, though, so I wasn't really worried. I sigh, and pull out of my driveway, only half paying attention as I drive down Kelsey's Mill road to get to Ravenel High. I was more focused on the day ahead of me and mentally preparing myself for war.