Steven

[ (I threw this together at 3am be gentle) Okay, so I just wanted you to know that this was a request from GamzeeGirl14 and that it's from a different perspective, and that their is no relationship in this chapter (JustWaitUntillChapter10Maybe)! So uh, ENJOY!]

On the other side of Beach City was where 3 and a half gems resided. The half being a young boy named Steven. He lived with his caregivers/guardians, Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl. The three sat together downstairs conversing about where Peridot or Jasper may have gone. Meanwhile, Steven sat upstairs on his bed watching TV.
Since it was mid evening, there were no good cartoons for the boy to watch so he was stuck watching the news. He stared blankly at the TV as more and more boring stories came on, when suddenly, a the anchorman started to talk about a story that made Steven's eyes widen.

"A video taken from a local iHop contains shocking footage of a large female nearly taking the life of a girl, when another female who came with the other, took out the threat by making a confusing move."

Steven sat up in his bed and yelled for the gems to come up to see the news
"H-HEY! GUYS, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!!" The boy paused the TV and ran to the edge of his room anxiously and looked down at the three gems sitting in the living room. Pearl stood up and looked up at Steven with her arms crossed.
"Steven, we do NOT need to see another one of your 'wacky food cartoons'! We have important busi-" she was cut off by Steven yelling over her.
"B-But it's about important business! Come up here!" Steven motioned for them to walk up the stairs. None of them were budging until Garnet stood up and told the others to follow her upstairs.

Steven pulled them over to his TV and unpaused it almost right when the video started to play. They all stared in disbelief as Jasper, the one they had been looking for for months, was on the screen.
Their shock only grew as a human tackled her and poofed her, as if knowing exactly what to do to stop a gem. Once the video was over, the anchorman continued to speak.

"As of now, no one knows who the female is, and where she is located now, but she may be in the area. We need everyone to keep a close lookout for her."

Steven paused the TV once the story was over. He looked back at the gems who met his stare. No one spoke until Steven broke the silence.
"well uh, now at least we know where to look...?" The boy shrugged and kicked at the ground lightly. Pearl quietly murmured to herself "They've been infused this entire time...."
Garnet looked out the window and stared at the setting sun, and back to Steven who was tiredly looking at the floor. She clenched her fist and looked at the other two gems.
"We'll go look tomorrow. It's late. Steven needs to rest." She looked at Steven who looked up at her. She ruffled up his hair before picking him up and putting him into his bed. Garnet tucked Steven in while Amethyst turned off his TV. They all left his room and Amethyst softly whispered "goodnight lil' man" while walking downstairs. They all went into their separate temple rooms and left Steven alone to sleep.

-----------------------------

It was about 7:45am and the gems were sitting around the main room waiting for Steven to get up. Amethyst groaned impatiently and ran upstairs to wake Steven. She got up to his bed before Pearl 'yelled' at her.
"Amethyst!" She whispered from the bottom of the stairs "Let him wake up on his own! He needs to be awake and alert today!" Amethyst rolled her eyes and turned to look at Pearl
"We've been waiting for an hour, P! Besides, wouldn't it be best to start the mission as soon as possible?" The purple gem answered back as sass-ly as she could. Pearl huffed at her and Amethyst turned back to the sleeping child. She shook him lightly until his eyes opened.
"Hey, funk-master!" She messed up his hair more than it was already. Steven smiled and sat up, rubbing his eyes with his palm. "Sorry for the 'wake up' call, but you need to get up dude" Amethyst put her hands on her hips and Steven got out of bed entirely. He yawned and stretched.
"What time is it?" Steven questioned, his voice cracked from being asleep.
"7:50am" Garnet answered from downstairs, calm and quiet as usual.
Steven shoo-ed Amethyst out of his room and changed into his usual outfit. As he was changing, Pearl was starting Steven's breakfast.
Once he was changed, he came downstairs and ate his meal, occasionally giving parts of his toast to Amethyst. Once he was done, Pearl put his dish into the sink and Steven jumped off the stool. And looked at Garnet.
"Ready?" She questioned at him and the gems. Steven nodded and they all went over to the warp pad and warped to a forest that was heavily shaded by the trees surrounding them.
"Where...are we?" Steven asked looking around at his new atmosphere.
Pearl looked at the boy and back forward. "It's the closest warp pad to where the TV said the incident took place. But it could take 30 minutes to an hour to get to town. Steven, do you want to be here for this? It's awfully early." She questioned, looking down at Steven sympathetically.
"Of course I do! We haven't gone on a mission in forever!" He smiled up at Pearl and the others. Pearl smiled back at him and shifted her gaze to Garnet.
"Okay Garnet, which way do we need to go?" She asked determined
Garnet made a slight 'hm' sound before walking west "this way." The three followed the tall gem until they all stopped to a voice unfamiliar to them.

[Yall just wait chapter 10's gunna fuck you up~ ]