Chapter Sixteen: Nightmares

A/n- sorry I only got one update in yesterday, guys. I only had connection for a few minutes. However, I will probably have two or more today because I fell and sprained my ankle really bad. So all I really have to do it read and write because I can't walk. Oh! And I know the end of last chapter said this was going to be called: I Did It. But I changed my mind. This title suits it better. Enjoy this update guys! -LL_17

Aira was having trouble sleeping. She had read several comic books as well as finishing War and Peace. She was so bored. She got up and decided to walk around. She silently slid the door open. Just as she did she heard a loud yell down the hall.

Was that Lloyd?

Aira sped down the hall and slid open the door. Kai was sitting up with worried expression on his face. Lloyd was hunched over with his face in his hands.

"Lloyd? Are you ok?" Aira asked hurriedly.

He didn't answer. Kai reached over and flipped on the lamp. Aira became alarmed. Lloyd was as white as a ghost and he had broken out in a cold sweat.

"Lloyd, what happened?!" She demanded.

"It's nothing," he said keeping his face hidden.

"Lloyd, what's going on?" Kai said standing.

"I said it's nothing," Lloyd yelled angrily. He lifted his face and glared at Kai.

Aira was taken aback by his sudden outburst. Lloyd shrunk back and mumbled an apology.

"C'mon, Lloyd," Aira said gesturing for him to follow. He stood up and followed her out leaving a very confused Kai.

Aira led him downstairs and into the kitchen. She instructed him to sit. He just sat there looking out the window. She made two cups of coco and then sat down opposite him. She sipped her's silently as she waited for him to talk.

"Do you have nightmares?" He asked finally.

"Sometimes," she said. "I don't have them very often."

"I have them almost every night," he said shaking his head. "It's been this way for almost six months."

Aira cocked her head. Here she was so worried about her own pain that she failed to notice that her closest friend was also in pain.

"What do you dream about?" She asked softly.

"Usually my dad," he answered. "And your dad; Morro."

"What happens?"

"I'm usually on a mountain side," he began. "And something is chasing me. I hear Morro's voice in my head taunting me. He tells me that I caused my father's death. He tells me I just hurt everyone around me. He says I can't protect people I only get them killed."

By now Lloyd was looking past her. Almost as if he was talking to himself. She gently took his hand. He snapped back to reality and looked at her.

"I understand," she said simply. She had no idea how much those words meant to him.

"I hadn't told anyone about my dreams," he said.

"Well, you can tell me," she said smiling. He smiled back this time.

"What time is it?"

"It's four," she said looking at the stove clock.

"What were you doing awake?"

"I couldn't sleep," she said. "But I think that was a good thing for tonight."

"It seems that the comforter has become the comforted," Lloyd laughed. "Thank you."

"Anytime," she said repeating what he had told her.

A lite breeze rustled through the kitchen. Lloyd's eyes widened and then he smiled.

"Calm. Control," he said gesturing.

"Hey!" She said excitedly. "I'm doing it!"

"You sure are," he said. Wu had been right- as usual.

"What are you two doing up?" Cole said yawning and walking in.

He glanced at the two of them and gave them a confused look. Aira and Lloyd both realized that they were still holding hands. They broke apart quickly and Aira blushed.

"Uh-" Lloyd said.

"I had a nightmare," Aira lied. "Lloyd was just helping me calm down."

"Oh," Cole said still skeptical. "Well, I am hungry and want cake."

"I think Zane still had some left over from last night," she said running to the fridge. "Whadaya know. Here! Now go back to bed!"

She shoved a piece of cake into Cole's hand and shoved him-well, tried to shove him- towards the stairs.

"Geez, I'm going. I'm going," he grumbled as he headed upstairs. Lloyd was stifling laughter.

"I think we should both try and get more sleep," Aira said.

"Agreed," Lloyd said standing up. He began to walk towards the kitchen door but she stopped him.

"No more nightmares?"

"I think I'll be okay now," he smiled.

Aira thought he had such a cute smile. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek, "goodnight, Lloyd."

"Uh-ya-uh- g-goodnight," he stammered blushing. Aira smirked and then headed upstairs leaving a dazed Lloyd behind.

He recovered and had to keep himself from skipping up the stairs. He smiled like an idiot all the way back to his- well, Kai's- room. Kai was still awake and he noticed the dorky look.

"Um, Lloyd," he said. "What exactly is going on."

"She-sh-she," Lloyd said excitedly.

"She what? Spit it out, dude!"

"She kissed me on the cheek!" He said smiling again.

Kai blinked. "She what?"

"You heard me."

"Hahahahaha! You got a girlfriend! You got a girlfriend!" Kai sang.

"I do not!" Lloyd shouted. "Real mature, Kai. Real mature."

"Oh, c'mon, Lloyd," Kai said. "You both have hots for each other!"

"Will you shut up," Lloyd said turning crimson.

Lloyd knew Kai was right though. He did have feelings for Aira. Oh gosh. His first crush. This was just weird. Should he ask her out? He didn't know anything about girls! Well, Aira was a woman but still! And what if she knew he was technically like fourteen. Even though he was biologically like twenty-two. Oh great. Now he wasn't being plagued by nightmares. He was being plagued by worries.

Next: Chapter Seventeen: A Different Idea.

A/n- okay okay okay, I admit it. I totally loved writing that last chapter. I've always wanted Lego to give Lloyd a loved interest because it would be so cute! But they haven't so I will ;) what? Don't look at me like that! *smiles innocently* Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17