Chapter Twenty-Three: An Overused Plan

A/n- Sorry I didn't update yesterday. And I left you on a cliffhanger too! xD I was really busy yesterday and by the time I got home I was too tired to update. Also I just found out I didn't just sprain my ankle but I broke my foot as well. :( not very happy about that. Back to the update, I did give you four updates Saturday so I think we are even ;) enjoy! -LL_17

Aira was sobbing. Jay had an arm around her and Cole was carrying Lloyd. Aira knew enough about medical procedures to remove the arrow and stop the bleeding. She hadn't been able to check for poison yet.

"What happened?!" Misako asked frantically. Garmadon and Wu came rushing forward.

"Chen is trying his, whittle them down one by one, plan again," Jay growled.  

"Is he going to be okay?" Aira asked trying to calm herself.

"Get him inside," Wu commanded ignoring her question. "Call the others in."

"What happened?" Aira turned to see her father running towards them.

"Daddy!" She yelled. "It's Lloyd! He-he-"

She tried not to start crying again. Morro pushed past her and followed Wu.

"Sensei Wu," he gasped. "You must check for poison! The Ninjago Zoo was broken into last night and one of their deadliest snakes was stolen."

"Thank you, Morro," Wu said. "We will look."

"Daddy?" Aira said coming up.

"Wu is a good healer," Morro said putting an arm around her shoulder. "He will be fine."

"Stupid Chen!" Cole yelled. "He has tried this strategy before!"

"Picking us off one by one," Zane added.

"Except this time, he is doing a little more damage than capturing us," Kai said angrily.

"He is trying to outright kill us!" Jay shouted furiously.

"I'm going to kill him," Aira said shaking with anger.

"Wow, Aira, are you okay?" Cole asked taking a step back.

"Of course not!"

"Were you hurt?" Morro asked worriedly.

"No," she said pushing past everyone. She went into the room that Wu and  Garmadon had entered.

They had laid Lloyd on a table and Wu was carefully trying to peel away any cloth near the wound.

"Here," Garmadon said handing Wu some scissors."

Aira remained in the corner. She hadn't been noticed by the two Sensei yet. Wu decided to carefully remove Lloyd's shirt. It was just getting in the way. Then he cleaned the wound thoroughly. Garmadon helped him wrap the wound and then they laid him back on the table.

"It does not appear to he poisoned," Wu said after a while. "But we must keep an eye on him."

"Is there anyway you can scan for poison?" Garmadon asked.

"Nya has not returned," Wu said.

"The operating system can't be that hard," Aira said finally breaking her silence.

Garmadon jumped in surprise but Wu looked as if he knew she was there, "it is harder than you think. I must go find Nya."

"I'll stay here with Lloyd," Aira offered. Wu nodded. Garmadon hesitated.

"I'll stay too, brother."

"Very well," Wu said. "I will leave Kai and Skylor here just in case Chen returns. I will take the other ninja with me."

"Kai and Skylor?" Garmadon asked after he left. "Not the best pair to leave."

"Why?"

"They like each other, but aren't dating," Garmadon sighed.

"Kai, you wimp," Aira said trying to make herself feel better. "I'm gonna run upstairs and get a pillow and blanket for Lloyd."

She didn't wait for a response but ran upstairs. She grabbed the pillow and blanket but waited a minute to come downstairs. She didn't want Sensei Garmadon to see her crying.

"He will be ok."

Aira jumped and then relaxed, "oh, it's you."

"The boys are tough," Skylor said. "They are even tougher when they have someone to protect."

"I know but still," Aira shrugged.

"If you need someone to talk to," Skylor said placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm here."

"Thanks, Skylor," Aira smiled and wiped her tears away.

"Anytime."

Aira hurried down the stairs and back into Wu's meditation room. Garmadon could tell she had been crying but he didn't say anything.

"Help me lift his head," Garmadon said.

They did and slid the pillow beneath Lloyd. Aira gently placed the blanket on top of him. She let her hand brush some hair away from his face revealing his scar.

"Lloyd told me how he got that," Garmadon chuckled.

"It's an interesting story, isn't it?"

"Sounds much like my stories with my brother and Misako," Garmadon said offering her a chair.

"Lloyd has only told me a few of them," Aira said sitting down. Garmadon pulled up another chair and sat down.

"He has a lot of stories to tell for one so young," Garmadon said. "But I forget, he is no longer young. He is a grown man. A weird thought for a parent."

"My mom used to say stuff like that," Aira smiled at the memory. "Lloyd and I bonded over our recent losses. He lost you and I lost my mom. Thankfully he found you and I found my father."

"I'm afraid I've left Lloyd too many times," Garmadon sighed.

"He speaks very highly of you," Aira said.

"I'm not sure why."

"I know why," Aira laughed. "I learned why within a day of your return."

"Well, thank you I suppose," Garmadon laughed.

"Where is your wife?"

"I don't know," Garmadon shrugged. "I will go find her."

He left leaving Aira with Lloyd. She took his hand. She was so worried he wouldn't return. She hoped destiny had some more for him to do.

Next: Chapter Twenty-Four: Poison