Chapter Twenty-Five: Road to Recovery

Wu had spent all morning looking for some way to get rid of this poison. He didn't know anything about it. Zane analyzed it and confirmed that it was poison from a snake. Misako suggested the ninja go talk to one of the zookeepers. They probably knew the most about this poison. Wu had insisted that Aira go.

"Come on, guys," Aira said hurriedly. She wanted to get there and back as soon as possible.

She landed and started to run ahead but Cole stopped her.

"We don't know where Chen and any of his allies may be," he chided. "We need to stay together."

Aira nodded and waited for the others. She tried not to be short with them. After all, they cared about Lloyd too. She hadn't been herself lately and they knew that. Skylor had been a great friend to her. She would even consider her her closest friend besides Lloyd.

Finally they located the zookeeper and he informed them that the poison is only curable by a certain tea. Unfortunately no one makes it anymore because of the rarity of the snake.

"So what do we need?" Aira asked.

"I don't know," the keeper shrugged.

"You had a deadly snake and you don't know?" Zane asked. "Weren't you afraid one of your employees might get bitten?"

"We never handled the snake," the keeper shrugged.

"Do you know who may have made the tea in the past?" Nya asked.

"No I-"

"This is a matter if life and death," Aira shouted grabbing the man by the collar. "Be a little more helpful!"

"Aira, calm down," Cole said.

"Calm! I'm not calm!" Aira said letting go and storming off.

"I'll talk to her," Skylor said.

"Well, she seems to have jarred my memory," the keeper said shakily. "There is one person."

***********************************

"My mom used to make the tea?" Aira asked incredulously.

"Apparently," Kai shrugged.

"Well, she stopped before I was born," Aira said pacing. "I'll go talk to my dad. Maybe he would know."

"I'll come with you," Skylor said.

"Thank you but I need some alone time," Aira said smiling at her.

"I understand," Skylor nodded.

********************************

Morro had moved into Aira and her mom's old house. She hadn't been back there since the murder. She felt twinges of pain going up her heart strings. She timidly knocked. She could hear footsteps inside and then the door opened.

"Aira!"

"Hi, Dad," she said waving.

"What's wrong?" He asked immediately noticing her sadness.

"It's Lloyd."

"Is he being a-"

"No," she assured him quickly. He still didn't know about their relationship. "He is dying."

"Huh?" Morro looked at her confused. "Come inside."

Aira followed him. The house had been cleaned surprisingly and her moms bedroom was cleaned of all the blood after the funeral so he didn't have to deal with that.

"What do you mean Lloyd is dying?"

"Remember when you warned Sensei Wu about poison? Well it didn't surface till recently and there is only one cure. It's a concoction of several herbs to make a tea. It isn't made anymore but the zookeeper said that mom used to make it. Do you know anything about that?" Aira asked while pacing her former living room.

"Your mom worked in a tea shop at one point," Morro said. "That's how I met her."

"But do you know how she made it?" Aira asked.

"I still have all her tea recipes," Morro responded. "Let me look for it and I'll bring it to you."

"Okay but please hurry," Aira pleaded.

"I will," Morro said nodding.

**********************************

Aira quietly opened Lloyd's bedroom door and slipped inside. She shut the door behind her and kneeled beside his bed.

"What are you up to?" Lloyd asked quietly.

"You're awake!" Aira said smiling.

"I don't sleep 24/7," Lloyd laughed faintly.

"You probably should," Aira said sitting  on the edge of the bed.

"Well, I don't know how much longer I'll be here so-"

"Don't say that," Aira said shushing him.

"Zane told me what you found out," Lloyd said and then he started coughing. Aira placed a hand on his forehead.

"Lloyd, you're burning up!" She quickly grabbed a cloth and ran into the bathroom.

She wet the towel and came back. She gently began to dab at Lloyd's forehead.

"My dad is looking for the cure right now," she said more to reassure herself. "Then you will be all better."

"No offense, but I'm not sure I trust your dad," Lloyd started coughing again.

Aira answered when he stopped, "I trust him. I may be wrong about him but I don't want to be."

"I understand," Lloyd nodded. "I hope he finds it soon. I'm tired of sitting here."

"I'd kiss you but I don't want to make you even warmer," she said innocently.

"Not to mention you would probably be sick as a dog later," Lloyd huffed. "And my dad would probably catch us again. At least he didn't tell anyone about it."

"I'm sure he and your mom had many such sessions," Aira said rolling her eyes.

"Ewww!! That is such a weird thought!" Lloyd said pretending to gag.

"Aira!" Someone yelled from down stairs.

Aira kissed Lloyd's forehead and hurried downstairs. She found Sensei Wu with a cup of tea in his hands.

"Your father delivered this," Wu said excitedly. "Hurry and give it to Lloyd!"

Aira grabbed it carefully and hurried upstairs, "Lloyd, drink this."

"I swear if it's more cough medicine-"

"No, it's the tea I was telling you about," Aira said.

Lloyd nodded and she helped him drink it. Then they heard thumping up the stairs.

"Aira!" Morro said bursting in. "That wasn't me don't-"

"What do you mean it wasn't you?!"

"Camille, the master if form, has joined with Chen!" Morro gasped.

"Then what did Lloyd just drink?!"

Next:

A/n- hahaha just kidding! xD I'm not telling the next chapter's name! Mwahahahaha! Cliffhanger!! Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17